Chapter Six

Lily and I didn't end up getting back to our apartment until 2:00 in the morning. We both stumbled into our apartment, giggling and walking funny. Lily was looking a little pale and I was concerned she was going to get sick soon.

"Are you okay?" I asked.

She shakes her head, her drunken smile falling off her face. "Nope."

I laughed. "Are you gonna puke?"

She nodded. "I think so. I've never really been able to keep my alcohol down that well."

The second Lily finished saying that she put her hand over her mouth and rain straight for our bathroom. I walked to my room and took off my high heels and put down my purse so that I could help her if she needed me to.

When I was walking back out of my room towards the bathroom I started to hear the sounds of her puking. It was a very unpleasant sound but I walked to help her anyway.

I saw her leaning over the toilet, her back convulsing every time she puked. Her hair was hanging around her face and getting in the way so I sat behind her and held her hair until she was finished.

She wiped her hand across her mouth and leaned back against the bathtub. "Thank you for holding my hair."

I smile a little. "No problem. But now if I ever puke, you're obligated to hold my hair back."

She laughs softly, a cute adorable sound that makes my stomach do funny things. "I'll be sure to remember that."

I smiled wider and got up from off the floor. "Come on, let's get you to bed."

I put my arm under her and help her up from the ground. She grumbles put puts her arm around my shoulder. We walk out of the bathroom and down the hall towards her room, most of her weight resting against me.

"I think it's gonna be a while before I drink again," Lily says.

I laugh a little. "Oh really? How long is a while? A month?"

"I was thinking more like next weekend. Yeah, that sounds like a long enough time to get myself back together."

Her words were slurred and her eyes kept drooping closed. I could tell she would be asleep any second now. 

We reached her bedroom and I took her arm from around my shoulder and gently laid her down on her bed. I pulled back her covers, then tucked her legs under them and pulled them back over her. I took her earrings and bobby pins out, putting them on the table beside her bed.

As I was turning around to leave her room and go to sleep, her hand clasped around my wrist. I looked back toward Lily and her eyes were slightly open. 

"Thanks for taking care of me tonight, Bree. I really appreciate it."

I smiled softly at her. I couldn't help but admire how cute she looked, half asleep and still fighting to stay awake just to thank me.

I don't really know why I did it, but I leaned down and gently kissed her head. "Anytime, Lily. Now go to sleep."

She smiled and closed her eyes again, finally drifting to sleep.

I left her room, slowly closing her door on the way out so I didn't wake her. I made my way to my own room, changed out of my dress and heels then plopped on my bed. I fell asleep almost instantly, my dreams filled with my new roommate who I couldn't seem to get out of my mind.

The next morning I woke up with a major headache and a severe case of cottonmouth. I groaned as I got up, the motion causing the pounding in my head to worsen. I walked out to the kitchen and got myself a glass of water. I gulped down the whole glass, sighing as I put the glass back down on the counter. I refilled the glass and walked to the bathroom to get some advil.

I sighed, putting my hand to my forehead hoping it would somehow ease the pain. As soon as I opened the bathroom door I was engulfed in steam. The shower was running and it was then I realized Lily must be in the shower. 

"Oh, sorry! I didn't even realize the shower was running!"

"It's no problem," she said. "Just don't flush the toilet." 

"I just need to get some advil and I'll be gone." I quickly grabbed a couple advil pills, swallowing them quickly. Just as I was about to leave Lily's head popped out from behind the shower curtain. 

"Can you pass me a towel?", she asked. 

I nodded and took a towel off the rack, passing it to her. 

"Thanks," she said, smiling. 

I smiled back. "No problem."

"You should probably leave now unless you wanna to see me totally naked." 

I laughed. "Alright, alright. I'm leaving."

After I left the bathroom I made myself a bowl of cereal and sat down on the couch, watching boring Sunday television. 

"Watcha watching?" Lily asked when she came into the living room.

"House Hunters International."

"Oh, what's this episode about?" she asked as she took a seat beside me. 

"A couple moving Italy for the husbands work."

Lily nodded and crossed her legs, causing her knee to rest on top of mine. I glanced over at her at the same time she looked at me. She smiled softly at me and I automatically smiled back. I couldn't figure out why her smiling at me caused my heart to flutter. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm really sorry it's taken me so long to update this I've just been super busy with school and I was away on vacation all summer so I never really had time!

Anyways, I'm going to try and update as much as possible because I won't be so busy as much!

Please vote & comment ! :)