the patient

Gerard POV

His eyes stared into mine as I dropped the mic. There was black makeup smudged around his eyes, the same makeup the rest of us bore. He wore a long hospital gown, drenched in sweat. He stumbled towards us, kicking pebbles as he approached. And he started to applaud, slowly but loudly.
"I feel....no pain"
I sighed in relief, we had done our job. I helped Frank down from the float and the five of us walked to him. The Patient smiled at us as we gathered around him.
"You can send us home cant you?" Asked Bob.
The patient smiled more and nodded.
"I must warn you all now, you will have no memory of the world of the dead. No memory of Elena. The world has changed, not for the better. It needs people like you to save it. I will send you back. You may want to say your goodbyes."
Mikey ran to Elena and wrapped his arms around her, just as he used to when he was little. He buried his face in her as he cried. She held him close and tried to calm him. Ray prized him off of Elena and held him. It was my turn to say goodbye. I didnt shed a tear. I would be strong for Mikey, for Elena.
"Look after yourself"
I nodded and smiled.
"Guys...." bob began. We stared at him, urging him to continue.
"I want to stay. Im happier here.". Bob was staying?! We were losing Bob, our dear friend and brother. Ray was about to argue, but I cut him off.
"We understand, dear Bob. We'll miss you.."
And myself, Mikes, Ray and Frank were gone....