35

🅥🅞🅣🅔 🅣🅐🅡🅖🅔🅣 - ➎⓿⓿
🅒🅜🅝🅣- ➋⓿⓿

╰┈➤"I won't give any updates until you complete my target. It seems I need to be a bit strict now. In the top 10 books in India, there are so many with 300k reads and 30-60k likes, but my book has only 13k likes. This isn't fair. So, even if it takes months, I won't update until I reach my target. I've seen other authors meeting their 10k vote targets, but my readers can't even reach 500."😔🥺

----------------------------------------------------

‧₊˚✧[̶ A̶̶a̶̶r̶̶u̶̶s̶̶h̶̶i̶'̶s̶ ̶p̶̶o̶̶v̶ ]✧˚₊‧

I tried to focus on my food, but my heart was racing, knowing Rudra wouldn't miss an opportunity to tease me. I quietly looked at the paratha and pickle on my plate and started eating, hoping to avoid any attention.

Suddenly, I felt a light touch on my thigh. My eyes widened in surprise, and I looked up to see Rudra with a mischievous smile on his face. He was playing with my thigh under the table, his fingers tracing light, teasing patterns that made it difficult for me to concentrate on my food. I glanced around, checking if anyone else had noticed, but everyone seemed engrossed in their own conversations. I tried to nudge Rudra's hand away discreetly, but he only grinned wider and continued his playful assault.

"How's the paratha, Mommy?" Rudra asked, his voice dripping with feigned innocence, as if nothing unusual was happening.

"It's good," I replied, struggling to keep my voice steady while my cheeks flushed with a mix of embarrassment and excitement. His touch was distracting, making my mind race with conflicting emotions.

"Why are you blushing, Aarushi?" my mother-in-law suddenly asked, noticing the color rising in my cheeks.

"Oh, it's just a bit warm," I quickly lied, forcing a nervous smile and hoping she wouldn't probe further.

Under the table, Rudra's teasing continued unabated, his fingers dancing lightly over my thigh, sending shivers up my spine. I shot him a pleading look, silently begging him to stop, but he only winked at me, clearly enjoying my predicament. I bit my lip, trying to maintain my composure as the playful torment continued, all while the family around us remained blissfully unaware of the silent drama unfolding beneath the table. The breakfast that seemed so routine had turned into an intense and thrilling battle of restraint and desire, with Rudra's touch leaving a burning imprint that lingered long after he finally relented.

Just then, Badi Ma entered the room with a radiant smile, capturing everyone's attention. "I have wonderful news!" she announced, her voice brimming with excitement. "Riya's wedding date has been fixed. It's in two weeks!"

The room erupted in cheers and congratulations. Everyone's faces lit up with joy, except mine. I forced a smile, trying to match the enthusiasm around me, but a heavy feeling settled in my chest. The news should have made me happy, but instead, it only intensified the turmoil I was already feeling.

Rudra's hand finally stilled on my thigh as he looked at me, noticing my subdued reaction. "Bachaa, aren't you happy for Riya?" he asked, his tone now more serious.

"Of course, I am," I replied, my voice barely above a whisper. "It's just... everything's happening so fast."

The joyous occasion seemed to magnify the emotional distance I felt, and Rudra's earlier teasing, which had been a welcome distraction, now seemed trivial compared to the storm of feelings brewing inside me. I hoped no one would notice my lack of enthusiasm, but deep down, I knew Rudra's keen eyes were already on me, sensing the undercurrents of my heart.