ten; i never should've let go

A/N: Don't play Say Something while you read, if you don't wanna cry. OMg

"84. 85. 86. 87.88.89.90.91.92Take 'em out." The guy said.

"You may go outside now.I'd like to see the sophomore class by the bench, please." The Headmaster announced as we went outside.

"You got till exactly 45 minutes past
the hour to get back to the trees. That's the big hand on the little nine."

"I'll be there." said Billy."Wait until they look the other way." advised Hank. "Okay." He said.

"Ready?"
"Ready."

"Watch yourself, man." warned Joey. Billy nodded.

Hank passed the ball the Ricardo and We nodded to him. Joey counted to five with his fingers and at five, Ricardo kicked the ball.

•••••

"He'll be here." I assured Joey. "I'm scared." Joey said. "He'll come back, I promise." I intertwined our hands and kissed him on the cheek.

"Hey, Macy. I know this is a weird time, but I'll might regret if I don't do it, but will you be mine?" He asked.

"Of course."

•••••

"One, two, three, four, five...We got one boy missing." the man said to Luis.

"I told you what would happen
if one of you escaped.Did you think I was kidding?" Luis yelled as he walked in front of us.

"Let's go. Face against the wall. Come on." The guy said to our headmaster.

"Oh, Jesus. I'm sorry.I was in the shower.I didn't hear the bell ring." cried Billy, after he ran in.

"He's wet." "I'm sorry." Billy apologized."So he is.Come with me. Come with me." said Luis.

•••••

"Are you okay?" asked Joey as he was cleaning Billy's back. "I don't know I just have this feeling that something bad is about to happen." I mumbled.

"Hey," He took my hand and looked me in the eye, "We're all going to be fine."

"How you feeling?" The Headmaster asked Billy. "Okay." said Billy."Come to my office, will you, Mr. Trotta?They want to see you."

"Why?" Joey asked."I don't think they mean you any harm. I'll go with you.It's all right."

I hesitated to let go of his hand and he turned to me, "I love you." He kissed me on the lips.

"I love you too."

I let go of his hand.

"Okay." He went with them.

•••••

I don't really remember what happened then. Billy was being held back and I just stood there.

When he fell to the ground,he took my world and happiness with him. I ran to his body.

I grasps his hand. His cold hand no longer held mine. I wished everyday that it could be me in his place.

I should've been me.

I never should've let go of his hand. Why did I? Why did I let him go?