Chapter 2-6: I've Got an Umbrella!

Sometime later, everyone arrives at a large scenery, and it's really huge.

"I'm seeing more greenery now. It's so quiet out this way, like the bustle of the city was just a dream," Malleus says.

Grim also notices, "Hey! Look at that big park!"

"Wanna walk through it? My house is right on the other side!" Kalim says.

"Great idea. Pretty parks are always photogenic!" Cater says.

Then Jamil says, "All right. I'll tell the driver to stop and let us off here."

Jamil does just that and the driver stops. Everyone soon walks out to see the place known as Asim Park. Everyone explores around to see the structure full of trees, plants, and even a large fountain. Of course, they're standing under the shade, so the sun won't beat down on them.

"It's certainly still hot outside," Malleus says.

"Yeah. Good thing there's this canopy over the promenade. We can have a nice walk in the shade," Trey says.

"If we keep following this path, it'll take us right to my house!" Kalim says.

"Simple enough," Trey says.

Everyone walks along the shaded path to get to Kalim's house. They soon see a beautiful fountain with a peacock statue on top.

"Ooh, nice fountain. Just the thing for cooling off. That peacock statue's pretty rad. It'll get me some likes for sure!" Cater says.

"What a splendid fountain sculpture. It's no gargoyle, but fascinating nevertheless. I think I'll take a closer look," Malleus says, and walks over to get a better look.

"I like to see the statue, the fountain looks really beautiful," Briar says, following Malleus.

"Me too," Sereia says.

Trinket agreed.

"Malleus, Briar! You'll all get wet!" Jamil calls out.

"We'll be fine, Jamil. Don't worry," Briar says.

However, Jamil says in thought, "It would be terrible if we let the prince of Briar Valley go around sopping wet."

"I've got an umbrella!" Jamil says and brings out the umbrella, "One moment while I..."

However, when the fountain sprays, Malleus, Briar, Sereia, and Trinket aren't getting wet. It's certainly surprising for the girls. As it turns out, Jamil ends up being the one to get wet.

Jamil is just as surprised, "...Hm? The spray is going AROUND him?"

"Wow. That's amazing," Sereia says.

"How are you doing it, Mal?" Briar asks.

"It's a trivial spell," Malleus says.

He turns to Jamil and asks, "Are you alright though, Viper? You're soaked. It's not good for you to walk around that way, even in hot weather."

Jamil responds in thought, "Great, now it looks like I'm the one who went for a romp in the fountain!"

Confused, Trey says, "Jamil carries an umbrella even on a clear day like this...?"

"Talk about ready for anything!" Cater says.

"Aren't fountains the best? They're so fun. Jamil and I used to play here all the time when we were kids!" Kalim says with a smile.

Jamil doesn't exactly feel the same, "Yeah, and I'd bring a change of clothes and towels to dry you off."

"Ah, so the umbrella's for Kalim specifically, " Trey says.

Seeing the fountain, Malleus says, "The fountain uses waterspouts to represent the peacock's tail feathers. It's quite well made."

"It shoots out jets of water once an hour. And it's lit up at night to make it look more like a colorful peacock," Jamil says.

"Really. It sounds really beautiful," Briar says.

"What an intriguing design," Malleus says.

Soon, Grim begins groaning.

Jasper notices it, "What's up with you?"

Soon, Grim complains, "Mrah... I've been feelin' all gross ever since I fell into that canal. I can't take it anymore!" and he jumps directly into the fountain, splashing around.

"Grim!" Briar cries out in shock.

"Whoa! Grimmy jumped into the fountain!" Cater says, shocked.

Grim laughs and splashes, "Wahahahaha! Nice and cool at last!"

"For goodness' sake... I JUST toweled him off," Jamil replies with a sigh.

Kalim however feels excited, "That looks fun! I wanna join in—"

But Jamil flat out refuses, "NO! Don't even THINK about giving me more work!"