Chapter 3-2: Getting Into the Spirit

Cater looks around to notice the people gathering, "Sooo is it just me, or is it getting even more crowded?"

"This is one of the biggest events of the year. Lots of people come early to get good seats," Jamil says.

"Looks like they're having little parties with the food and drinks they brought. They're really getting into the spirit!" Trey says.

"Lively, happy residents are the mark of a good city," Malleus says.

Then Grim calls out, "Why're we just standin' around?! They're gonna snap up all the good spots!"

But Jamil reassures, "Don't worry about that. We've got reserved covered pavilions over there are the VIP seating. They've got a great view and are out of the heat."

"Really?" Briar asks, surprised.

"They look much more formal than the general seating. Kinda reminds me of a luxury hotel suite," Trey says.

"Celebrities from other countries sit there as well," Jamil says.

Malleus says, "The pavilions are colored a shade of green that I feel I've seen frequently since we arrived here."

"Yes, it's called peacock green," Jamil says, "Supposedly the princess from the legend liked wearing it. During the festival, it's used as a base color for the decorations placed throughout the city."

"That pavilion over there's in red, though," Trey says.

Then Jamil says, "Red's the signature color of the legendary Sorcerer of the Sands. It's a perennial favorite."

"Hmm, which camera angle'll get me the most likes...?" Cater says, taking pictures.

Then turns to Jamil, "Say, Jamil, where do they set off the fireworks?"

"On the opposite side of the river that's in front of this plaza," Jamil answers, "You can see the fireworks from anywhere in Silk City. But this is the best spot if you want to experience them up close."

"I can see why people would want to save seats," Trey says.

Suddenly, Grim asks, "Are you done gabbin' about fireworks yet? I'm about to pass out from hunger over here!" and is really bored.

"All right, then let's head to the Camel Bazaar," Jamil replies.

And with that, everyone heads off to the Camel Bazaar to explore around and maybe do some shopping.