Chapter 29

Jolie pulled away from Warren's lips. Her brain foggy with lust and emotion. "Time?" She turned toward the charging brothers.

"Baby time! Sue's water just broke!"Caleb announced excitedly.

"It was gross, all over the cafeteria floor; they have to mop that up. It's like hazmat isn't it?" Tommy looked truly horrified as he glanced at the breakfast burrito wrapped in foil he held in his hand.

Caleb rolled his eyes at his older brother. "They are loading her up in a wheelchair and taking her to the maternity ward. Beau said to find you guys and then tell dad. Job one done. I'm heading up to mom's room now." He turned on his heel and headed in the direction he'd come.

Jolie hopped and squealed with excitement. "Let's go!"

Warren couldn't help feeling excited as well. He couldn't wait to meet his new niece or nephew and the jubilance he felt at knowing Jolie loved him and planned on staying still bubbled through his blood like fizzy water.

"I'll go up with you guys but I'm hanging in the waiting room. There is no way I need, nor want, to see that." Tommy rolled his eyes and took a bite of his burrito. "I'll coo over the little pollywog after it's all said and done."

Jolie rolled her eyes at Tommy. Still holding Warren's hand she started for the hallway pulling him along with her. Warren planted his feet and pulled her to a stop. She turned to him, her brow knit in confusion and frustration.

"We have a minute, they have to get Sue settled, and I still had something to say to you. Ask really." He suddenly broke out in a nervous sweat. He'd been shot at, stabbed, and had bombs bursting mere yards away from his person, but none of that seemed frightening in comparison to the place he found himself now and the question he intended on asking. "This isn't the perfect time. I'm not prepared as I should be. I don't have the proper hardware at hand. It should be more romantic...." He faltered as he realized how very impromptu this idea of his was. She deserved better.

"Oh dude! Are you proposing?!" Tommy's almost shouted question started Warren who had actually forgotten his cousin was there in the heat of his decision.

"Shut up Tommy." Jolie gave his cousin a stare that could melt steel. "Stand over there by the door and eat your burrito if you can't behave yourself." She turned back to Warren and raised her eyebrow. "You were doing great. Keep going."

Warren stood tongue tied until he saw the warmth and encouragement in her eyes. She knew what was coming and she didn't seem to mind it wasn't at all like they showed in the movies. He pulled her in closer to him until their breaths mingled and their noses almost touched.

"Jolie Bradbury, I love you. I need you. Will you marry me and put up with me until we're both old, infirm, and can't remember anything?" He kissed the ridge of her knuckles as he watched her green eyes fill with tears.

"I will most certainly marry you and I'll love you until the day you die." She leaned in and kissed his nose. "Now let's go meet this new little Hancock."

* * *

Warren sat beside Tommy and Caleb in the waiting room outside of the maternity ward waiting as patiently as possible. Jolie had gone into the delivery room to be with Sue and Beau. He didn't think himself squeamish but neither did he feel comfortable seeing his sister in law in that light.

Tommy's knee bounced in nervous agitation. Warren had to fight with his desire to shout at his cousin to stop. All three looked up as someone entered the waiting room.

In fact, it was two someone's. His uncle Hal was pushing a dark gray wheelchair with a large IV pole and 2 bags hanging from it. His Aunt, looking small and frail slumped in the seat.

"How did you manage that?" he asked astonished.

"She told them she was going to see her new grandbaby and they could either help her get there or watch her crawl." Hal's face showed a combination of amusement and concern.

Barb waved off all their beginnings of protest. Before anything more could be said the swinging doors to their right swung open to reveal Jolie with a bright shining smile.

"It's another girl!" She announced with a giddy clap!

"Hal, follow my new niece to my new granddaughter." She pointed to Jolie as if he needed further direction. Warren, Tommy and Caleb fell in line behind Hal and Barb as they paraded down the hall behind Jolie.

No one seemed to mind being crowded into the small room once they saw the tiny pink bundle nestled in the crook of Beau's arm.

"Hey look. We have the same outfit." Barb quipped as she gripped Sue's hand with her good hand. "Strong work honey." Sue smiled tiredly in response.

Beau got down on one knee so he could present his new daughter to his mother. "Momma, meet Holly May." Barb let go of Sue's hand and carefully stroked the baby's cheek.

"Welcome to the world my little love." She murmured. Tears spilled down her firm and drooping cheeks.

Warren stood to the side with his arms around Jolie and his head perched on her shoulder watching the exchange. His heart felt the biggest and most full he'd ever known. Anything more and he were sure it would explode in his chest. He surveyed the wacky bunch God had blessed him with as family with a true sense of gratitude. He caught a whiff of Jolie's hair and buried his nose in it, nuzzling her neck and making her giggle.

That sound was like heaven. He looked forward to making her giggle, moan, and cry with joy for the rest of his life. They would make a family. Issue forth little babies of their own. He looked at the shine in his cousin Beau's eyes and he couldn't help but think it should be sooner than later.

As if reading his mind Jolie turned in his arms and looked up into his face. She stood up on her toes and kissed him, tugging softly at his lip as she let go. The feeling sent a thrill through his body.

"We should move along with the wedding part so we can get to the baby part." She smiled a mischievous little grin up at him. Her eyes grew wide and she sucked in a breath as he pulled her in until their noses touched.

"Agreed." With that he kissed her hard and firm, staking his claim for the entire world to see.