7. a kiss come true?

The couple sat in silence in the car: Woojin was controlling his anger while Hyejin tried to string up words to utter to her boyfriend. Hyejin knew that the only reason he would have engaged in a fight with his closest friend was because of her. The girl is aware of the closeness of their friendship, and never once have they ever fought, until now.

After the fight, Rian and Woojin were both lucky that the teachers turned a blind eye and proceeded to class, the tension high and evident. No one dared to question the incident or approach them, only casting a questioning glance now and then.

Now, with school ended, Hyejin couldn't find a way to approach her boyfriend, noting how tight his fists were clenched, a bruise forming on his knuckles—reminding Hyejin of the events that transpired earlier.

"Woojin," She called out, reaching her hand over to his, careful of the scuff on his skin. Staring at his face, her gaze was immediately drawn to his busted lips and the swelling in his cheek. "You shouldn't have punched him,"

Her words only lit fire to his anger, "What was I supposed to do? He had no right to treat you like that, he should have known better," Hyejin easily detected the rage in his tone, "I know, but that doesn't mean you had to start a fight, especially in school. I overreacted, okay? I guess he was just telling the truth,"

"Hyejin, he shouldn't be directing his temper to you, not when he caused all of this," The girl opened her mouth to retort, but was quickly shut down by Woojin as he scoffed, "Don't act as if everything that has happened was not because of him,"

She grew silent at his words. She knew everything went downhill when Kim Rian started harassing Kang Inhan just because Jung Jaeyi befriended him, it was obvious to Hyejin that the death of the scholarship student had impacted Rian's relationship with Jaeyi, especially when the whispers of Rian being the mastermind of his death kept circling Jooshin High.

Jaeyi breaking up with Rian, the new scholarship student with Jaeyi—this all happened because Rian refused to let Jaeyi go and what they had.

"I know, okay?" Hyejin looked down, trying to process everything that had happened, "I just didn't want any of you to get hurt," Hyejin used this moment to study his face, her hand coming up to caress his cheek, "Your face is all messed up,"

"It's fine, right? Because I have you to make it better,"

Her lips curled up into a small smile, "Does it hurt?" She couldn't help but ask—worry flooding her system at the thought of Woojin in pain. The boy could read her like an open book, quickly noticing concern etched on her face. "A little, but I think a kiss might help,"

"Have you seen it?" Hyejin was on her phone, staring focusedly at the picture sent to her, and she was sure that the image was being spread to everyone in their year. "Seen what?" Woojin asked beside her, peering over to see what took her attention.

Woojin frowned at the image, already understanding how this could worsen everything that was happening. "Don't stress yourself over it, it doesn't concern us anymore," Woojin told the girl, though, even with his words, Hyejin could not help but wonder what might happen now.

With Jaeyi arrival at school with Kang Ha, she's practically announcing a possible relationship between them. Now that an elite student, such as Jung Jaeyi, is dating a scholarship student, this could only destroy the hierarchy of Jooshin High, and if there's one thing that Hyejin is certain—their peers will always and forever be chained to the tradition of the hierarchy.

The couple entered their classroom with their minds occupied, troubled by the looming obstacle that was surely coming.

"Take my seat," Woojin broke the silence between them, stopping Hyejin who was about to take a seat on her original desk. Hyejin frowned at his suggestion since his chair was placed at the end, which meant that Woojin would be seated in between Hyejin and Rian if they were to switch seats, and after what happened, she would prefer to stay in the middle of the two even if the girl has been avoiding her cousin ever since. "But, I don't want you to get into a fight again,