9. the birkin bag

Woojin stared at Kim Rian in front of him, hiding his anger from his parents. It came as a shock to him when he received a message from the boy, asking him if they could have a talk at his place. Despite the image of his girlfriend crying in his arms has never left his mind, he's too curious about Rian's request.

His parents were all too happy to host the heir of Jooshin Group, unaware that it was Kim Rian who gave their son the healing bruise on his cheek. "Oh, Woojin, sometimes your mom doesn't have a clue. If I'm trying to run for president, I'll need Jooshin's heir to support me, but all we have for him is some measly seaweed soup?" Lee Hanjong joked once his wife served him the dish.

"I'll have you know, Rian specifically asked for it," Woojin turned to his mother, a wide smile present on his face, "Rian likes seaweed soup, thanks a lot, Mom."

Lee Songi nodded before placing a hand on her husband, "Ah, I think that's our cue to leave. Sometimes, your mom does have a clue," She urged her husband as she left the room for the two teenagers to have their talk. "Please enjoy your meal, Rian,"

"Thank you, I'm sure I will,"

Woojin watched with a wary gaze as Rian took a spoonful of the spoon, "It's just seaweed soup. Why doesn't it take like this at my place?" Rian sighed, his eyes fixated on the soup.

"You have the best chefs in the world on your staff, they can make anything you want them to," Woojin commented, remembering the number of staff in the Kim Household, people who are considered the best in their field for the sake of providing the sole heir the best quality of service.

"That's not true, there are some things you can't fake. The warmth of a home-cooked meal, for example, things like that. You won't be getting any of that at my place,"

Woojin easily recognized the downcasted look on his face, "Come over anytime, you'd help me be a good son, I know my parents would love it," He sighed before changing the subject, too impatient to have small talks, "Well, is there something you wanted to say?"

Rian hesitated for a bit, slightly shrinking at the glare he was getting from Woojin. He understands his anger, he knows he somehow deserves his treatment. He realized his mistake once his cousin left him alone after their argument. Rian knew it was wrong to blame everything all on her, he regretted letting his emotions take control of him—especially when his words stung his cousin.

"I want to apologize," Woojin frowned at his words, the sight of Hyejin appearing in his mind, "It's not me you should be apologizing to,"

Rian nodded, quickly understanding what he meant, "I know, but I'm scared. Do think she'll forgive me?"

"She shouldn't, but Hyejin cares for you," Woojin responded, watching as Rian hung to his every word. The bond between Hyejin and Rian was something he'd never experienced with his siblings, and it made him crave it. He knows how much Rian cares for his cousin, and his dedication and protectiveness for her.

Woojin recalled the amount of times he had to endure his taunts and threats when he started dating Hyejin, it reminded him of a brother protecting his little sister. "She loves you like a brother, and she was pretty hurt by what you said,"

"I didn't mean it, I was angry and lashed it at her," Woojin shook his head at his reasoning, growing angrier at his words, "She didn't deserve that,"

"I know,"

Silence surrounded the pair, their gaze having a conversation of their own. Woojin spoke up, breaking the silence, "She'll forgive you, but promise me that you'll never hurt her again,"

"I promise,"

After talking everything through with Woojin, Rian left the Lee Household, now on good terms with Lee Woojin. Now, he went out to visit Hyejin—hoping to right his wrong and ask for her forgiveness.