12. intoxicated

As expected of her, Yoon Hera went all out for her 'best friend'. The place is filled with students, dancing to the loud beat, mingling with their peers enjoying everything that the party is offering.

"Where's Rian?"

Yoon Hera joined Lee Woojin at the corner of the room, his gaze fixed on the middle of the room before it shifted to her, confusion swirling in his eyes as he studied his friend's attire. "He's running a little late,"

"You seem kinda different," Woojin commented, still finding the clothes off on her. "Different how?"

"You look really, uh, normal, kinda,"

"No more flash, I want normal, and I'm still pretty, even normal," Hera retorted before looking around the area, trying to spot someone, "What about you? You look creepy standing here all alone, where's your other half?"

At her words, Woojin turned his head back to the dance floor, his gaze quickly caught his girlfriend, clearly enjoying the music echoing around the room, her body swaying to the beat as she danced with Yeji and Bada.

"She looks beautiful," Hera followed his line of sight, easily seeing such beauty in the form of Im Hyejin. "She always does," Woojin added, admiring how her hair moved with her body, the smile etched on her face as she laughed along with her friends.

"The question is, what are you doing here alone?"

Woojin fell silent. That was a question that he did not have the answer to. The boy waited for the party to start, just to finally see her. As soon as the girl entered the building, his eyes were immediately drawn to her.

He was ecstatic seeing her again, already missing her presence after a few hours of being apart from each other.

However, Im Hyejin didn't even spare him a glance, walking straight ahead, approaching her friends without giving him much thought.

Woojin tries to walk up to her, but every time he comes near her, Hyejin finds a way to escape from him.

He knew something was wrong, he knew something was bothering her, especially when she started consuming the free liquor. He knew, but at the same time, he was clueless. He doesn't know what could've upset her—if it was something, someone, or him.

Looking back to their interaction, there's nothing that comes to his mind that could explain her treatment towards him.

"I think she's avoiding me," Wojin admitted, his gaze never straying from her figure—following her once he noticed her separating from the group of girls. "I'll see you later," He said his goodbyes to Hera without casting her a glance.

His steps were filled with confidence as he followed the girl to the buffet, watching as she reached over the beverage. "You're in the mood for a drink?" Woojin spoke up, joining her side as he quickly noticed her jump in surprise upon hearing him. Woojin had the urge to take the glass from her grasp but was too afraid that the situation would only get worse if he did so.

"Yeah," Woojin frowned at the lack of eye contact, watching as she avoided his gaze. "Hyejin, baby, is there something wrong?" The boy had to practically shout at her face to be heard over the loud beat of the music. Slowly reaching over her face, Woojin moved her head so that they were face to face. And upon seeing the look on her face, he knew that she heard him loud and clear.

The boy waited patiently, his eyes following her lips as they opened to give him the answer he desired, but she stopped herself, giving him a forced smile as she assured him, "Everything's good, just wanted to let loose, you know?"

Woojin frowned at her words, watching as she downed the drink in one go before she walked away from the boy.

He's 100% sure something's wrong. Im Hyejin is someone who does not rely on alcohol to let loose. She refuses to even take a sip of the beverage, and yet, here she is, downing every drink she can get her hands on.