Chapter 6

After a few minutes of just standing there I decided it was time to get back to the car. I hiked back to where the car was and, of course, the car was no longer there. I sighed. They left me, of course they did. Why would they stay anyway? They had each other, or should I say, each others faces to eat off. So there I was, on the side of the road, no way to get home, or wherever Ron wad taking me. I began to try to flag down a car. Maybe one would stop and pick me up. In the distance I heard thunder as it began to lightly drizzle. Great, just great.

1 hour later~~~

It was pouring. A car had not yet stopped and I was beginning to get agitated. I felt myself start to cry. I tried to hold the tears back but after the first tear they all began to spill out. Soon I was full on sobbing, my arm lamely waving around trying to get a cars attention. I was like that for a good 15 minutes. Then I stopped crying, all at once. It was like I ran out of tears. I kept my hand up and then a car slowed down and stopped near me. 'Wow. Things are getting better' I thought 'Now if it would just stop raining' The window of the car rolled down as I began to approach it. To my surprise I knew the driver "Freddy?" I said not believing it was actually him. Him returning my disbelieving glance. He couldnt believe it was me and I couldn't believe it was him.

"Janae what the fuck are you doing here. Where's our Dominus?" He said angrily looking around. I assumed by Dominus he meant Ron.

"I'll explain it all later but can you give me a lift?" I said wiggling my eyebrows at him laughing.

"But I just got my new car seats installed!!" He whined obsessively stroking his car seats.

"Wow ok I'll just stay here. The police will have to pass by eventually. Don't you think?" I said backing away from the car. Guys are such assholes.

"Never mind I was just kidding,hop in. Where to?" He said noticing that he'd offended me.

"No. I'm good. I wouldn't want to soil your precious car seats" I said crossing my arms. Freddy looked at me and sighed. He then opened his door and walked over to me.

Did he not notice it was pouring rain? He stopped in front of me and crossed his arms, trying to copy me. I gave him a quizzical look. "Now we're both wet so you might as well get in" he said. And at that moment I swear I loved him. I laughed loudly pulling him into a bear hug. When I finally let go I looked into his eyes. We were both smiling ear to ear.

"That is one of the sweetest things anyone has ever said to me without looking for a booty call." I said meaning it. That was really sweet. We then made our way to the car. When we were all settled in I began to tell him my story. He was the perfect audience, he gasped when a gasp was necessary he cursed when he was supposed to, awwed on time and agreed with everything I said. At the end of my story he stayed quiet.

"You know he's doing all of this because he's crazy about you." He says extremely quietly but loud enough so I could hear him.

I scoffed. "Yeah I obviously know. I could practically see his love for me when he was off kissing my best friend right in front of me." I can't believe him. Ron was his boss and that's why he was defending him. At this he sighed but said nothing. We stayed like that for what I felt was a long time. Since I hated awkward pauses, I was trying to figure out how to start up a conversation. "Hey you want to play 20 questions?" I said nudging his shoulders. He gave me the weirdest look ever before nodding. "Ok so I'll start, where are you from?" I asked.

After he heard me he smirked and said "Hell". Hearing this my stomach knotted up but I decided to let it go, just like Elsa would want me to. I playfully slapped his arm before rolling my eyes. Seeing this he continued. "Hell IS a really nice place y'know. You just can't visit in the summer, you'll either die from the heat or from the traffic." At this I raised my eyebrows so he continued. "All the lost souls wandering around the place. So many people die in the summer it really is annoying." He said sounding very casual talking about these poor unfortunate souls. "Nah I'm just kidding I've only been to hell 2 or 3 times. I'm from West Philadelphia born and raised on the playground was where I spent most of my days" I immediately recognized the song and began beat boxing.