Chapter 7

Sometime during our epic friendship hug the group of people that had left had come back. They must be must be Ron's friends. Oh sh!t. They had said something was wrong with Scarley. I am the worst friend ever. "What happened to Scarlet?" I asked pulling away from the way too long hug.

"Shes fine. While we were waiting to see what you would do when we left, she said she was hungry so I gave her a granola bar that peanuts in it and it wasn't until she couldn't breathe that I realized she was allergic to peanuts." He said wincing at the last part.

Before I could freak out he shushed me and continued "She's fine now. Arnold stabilized her and she's resting..... she's been asking for you."

"First of all who the hell is Arnold?" I asked raising my eyebrows. My best friend is being taken care of by this random guy whose name is Arnold?!!! I don't trust Arnolds.

"Arnold is the local techy demon. We took him under our wing. He's not exactly our type but he's got a twisted sense of humor we like and hes useful." He explained.

"Ok. Second of all, HOW COULD YOU BE SO FUCKING STUPID AS TO PRACTICALLY POISON MY BEST FRIEND AND THEN LEAVE ME TO GET FRICKING PNEUMONIA OUT IN THE COLD" I loudly stated(not yelled).

"I'm sorry. I admit it was pretty dumb of me."He said lowering his head.

"Just tell me where you left the half dead body of my best friend." I said pointedly. He smiled.

"Go upstairs and it's the first door on your left" He responded pointing to the stairs. "I'm not going with you because me and the guys have some things we need to go over" he said becoming serious. I nodded and turned to leave but I hadn't taken a step when Ron grabbed my shoulders and turned me around "I really am sorry for being an asshole" He said quietly. I nodded again and headed off knowing that I was bound to get lost at least once before getting to Scarley's room.

I headed upstairs and looking down the hallway. Which door he said it was, I don't have a fucking clue. I walked through the first door which  happened to be a bathroom, the next door was a random bedroom with no one inside it. I huffed all annoyed who forgets such easy directions in such a short time? I walked to the next door and opened it. This room was full of a crap ton of computer screens. Just like Garcia's office from 'Criminal Minds'. I decided this room was kinda creepy so I backed out of it. I was really pissed off because I had just realized that I had checked all the doors on the right when he told me that it was the first door on the left. I groaned and opened the door.

There was Scarlet lying on a bed with some full on button up shirt-suspenders and slacks wearing guy with what looked like harry potter glasses standing over her talking about some random weird topic. When she saw me her eyes widened in relief. 

"NAE!!!!!!!!! There you are! I was so scared. I can't believe we just left you there. But I was sick and he was frantic. He's still so shaken up that he hasn't even been up to see me." She pauses and leans over to me as if telling a secret. "He was so shaken up the poor thing. Understandable, he just couldn't stand the fact that we had only just met and were now being torn apart" she half whispered half gushed.

I opened my mouth to correct her, I think he likes me so I want her to know so that she doesn't get her heart broken. But then I closed it, Ron and I technically weren't even dating. Maybe she would land him instead. I nodded my head as if I understood what she meant.

I noticed the weird guy was still there. Since I wasn't an evil person I decided to talk to him. "Hey you must be Arnold" I questioned even though I was 100% sure he was Arnold.

"YEP. That's me" He said his voice cracking on the first word making me and Scarles cringe. He sounded sooooo nerdy.

"Um the guys downstairs sad they were having an important meeting. Shouldn't you be there since your probably part of their team or whatever." I informed him, knowing very well that they probably didn't care if he was there or not. He nodded and said he was pretty sure he was to be of use in their meeting and left.

This was perfect. The minute he closed the door I whispered to Scarlet. "We are getting the fuck out of here tonight." She opened her mouth to explain again that she couldn't leave because Ron would just die of sorrow but i gave her the look that just screamed 'shut the fuck up'.

I continued 'Ok so we are going to have dinner with them and then excuse ourselves to bed because we are tired. The we will sneak out the window and find somewhere to go from there." explaining the plan I had come up with while looking for the rooms. 

"But Janae you have to understand I don't want to go" She said resisting my offer. As I knew she would.

"Scarley. Think. What always happens to the best friend in a story like this." I said practically begging her to understand on her own so that I wouldn't have to say it out loud.

It took her a few seconds but soon I started to see horror spread across her face. "Janae they're going to try to kill you" She whispered horrified.

I mentally facepalmed. But who cares? As long as she understands that if we stay one of us will die, than it's all good to me. She agreed to my plan and we decided to go downstairs.

We had to walk kind of slowly since Scarlet was still a bit weak and we wanted to kind of save our energy for later. When we got downstairs everyone just immediately stopped  talking and Ron said they'd continue their conversations after dinner.

Soon we were being ushered into the dining room by this Ukrainian woman who I assumed was the cook. We all sat down at this ginormous table and this line of girl all with maid uniforms on walked in carrying large trays of food. This kind of reminded me of that scene from the first Harry Potter movie when all the food comes in.

It isn't until then that I realize that I am starving. I grab all the healthy food I can find. If me and Scarlet are going to escape we'll need the energy.