52. Don't hurt me

His eyes stared at hers, he was left bewildered. It was the first time in his life he was this confused. Words refuse to some out of his mouth. Her words hit her straight in his heart.

He observed the emotions floating in her brown eyes.

Fear.

Anticipation.

Anxiety.

Lack of trust.

These emotions danced in her eyes. He deduced it, she didn't trust him, she didn't want to be with him. Her words contrasted with her eyes. She meant when she said, she didn't feel safe around him.

And why would she?

After what he has done to him, no one would.

He still denied it, shifting his stare from her one iris to the other, his eyes moving between her eyes. And he felt disturbed. Her brown orbs depicted her nervousness not her comfortability around him.

This immediately caused a pang in his heart, he felt his heart beat getting escalated, his throat getting constricted.

What was that feeling?

He closed his grey eyes taking in a deep breath, as he was not able to stand that mistrust towards her in his eyes. He tried to calm his self, those feelings were making him...guilty?

Was that guilt?

Was he guilty of punishing her?

To his sadistic mind, he deserved that, even she still did, deserve his wrath for scheming behind his back, for playing games but his heart, his conscience practically screamed at him to stop inflicting atrocities on her.

Her case was really different to him. He had never felt guilty before, pained on seeing that immense amount of mistrust in someone's eyes for him. In another case, he wouldn't bother to give a bullshit but for her, he felt like killing himself.

Though, it was only a week, just a week of her imprisonment, as he couldn't anymore found enough power in himself to punish her more. But that week was still heavy on his heart.

And to him, betrayal was the ultimate crime but again her case was different. He couldn't punish her in that way as he thought. He couldn't, as if his hands were tied, his heart didn't allow it, his conscience didn't allow it.

The conscience which got activated only in her case.

He opened his eyes again, producing a soft sigh and again his eyes met with the doubt in her eyes. Her hitched breath, her uneven breathing told him all. He felt bothered, bothered alot.

He never wanted that.

He never wanted the situation to turn out like that, now Zahra didn't trust him.

He was utterly uncomfortable on seeing those emotions in her eyes and pulled back from her. As soon as he got away, she immediately gripped her dupatta and got to the farthest corner of the seat.

The whole ride then went in silence. No words were exchanged after that.

.............

"It is now fucking bothering me Shehryaar, who's that damn sheep among us!" Irtaza bellowed, his eyes fixed on the gun placed at the table, the gun with which Daniyal tried to shot Zahra.

Both of them sat in Irtaza's office. He had immediately called Shehryaar over to his place, narrating him the incident. Moosa was on the mission, of clearing the coast of the consignment from the Arabian Sea, otherwise he would've also been a part of this conversation.