Sleepover.

At first, when Tim knocked at Lucy's door, it was supposed to be just a dinner; it was their first date since he broke up with her eight months ago. They talked a lot. One glass of wine became two glasses, to end with the whole bottle.

When he opened his eyes, he found himself in her bedroom, laying next to her on her bed. A quick look at his phone: he spent the night here, and it was now 8:00 a.m. He took a minute to think of yesterday. It was a nice evening. Even if they were sleeping next to each other, they didn't cross the line yet.

Something he always loved: watching her sleep. And he missed it. He silently gazed at her, fixed on her breathing; it was soothing. She was lying on her back, one arm above her head, one hand on her bare belly. She was smiling during her sleep, and it made him smile too. She suddenly started to strech out, and her whole body turned on Tim's side; her face was now near his. And he couldn't stop himself; his thumb brushed her cheek.

"Are you watching me sleep?""

"Maybe...""

"Weirdo!"

She came closer, nested her head against his neck, her chest against his, her arm around his waist. He took the opportunity to let his hand find the way underneath her top and drew a pattern under her smooth back skin. Suddenly, it felt like before. She was lying against him, half asleep in a comforting hug. They both missed it a lot: this closeness. It was tender, just the perfect amount of love language. A soft kiss on his neck escaped. Like the ones she gave before, and it made him smile again.

Lucy couldn't stop thinking about everything that happened since eight months. At first she was deeply hurt and broken, then sadness was her best buddy for a while, and at the end, they talked. She was not sure to be able to forgive him back then, but this morning felt different. When she woke up, she knew he was here, next to her. She needed more than a presence; she wanted to be closer, to touch him, to feel his skin, his heartbeat. And after last night's talk, maybe she was ready for him, for more again.

Tim did what he had to do: go to therapy, respect her boundaries, and give her time to figure out what she wanted. He gave her the small doses as promised. He was still the same, but now he was able to share his feelings. He knew his limits and was able to explain why he broke up with her. He was not healed; his traumas were to present in his life, but he was able to live with them. One thing he understood: He was not a bad guy. Everything was fragile, but she was there. Even when she was mad at him, she was here; she saved him.

"I love you."

It came from nowhere. He didn't plan to drop it this morning. Those three words were not used often when they were together. Not because they didn't want to say it, but because they had their own way to express it. And when they used them, it meant more: their love was beyond those three words. The room was silent, only breathing, and the rain from the outside filled the room. His eyes were closed when her lips met his in a soft kiss. It was shy and clumsy, but it was here.

They were idiots in love. Idiots with a background. And even if it was painful, maybe this breakup saved them. Tim had a lot of traumas to fix, but Lucy had her own battle too. When they decided to risk their friendship to be lovers, they put their traumas aside and enjoyed the moment. It didn't mean it wasn't real, because it was, it is, but when Ray came back into Tim's life and it exploded, everything came back: the mistakes, the lies, the unsaid things, the traumas. And it hurt. A lot. More than expected. Decisions were taken. It was hard to move forward. But this morning just confirmed: the hardest decision maybe saved them from becoming strangers one day.

"Pancakes?""

"Hm hm." Once again, she kissed the inside of his neck before he went out of bed. "Wait, Celina... "

"Oh, yes.. Listen, my shoes and jacket are somewhere in the living room. She's smart. And if she wants pancakes, she will have some."

She smiled back at him. Honestly, she didn't care about the Celinas situation. Yes, she might have found her sergeant in her kitchen at 9.00 a.m. cooking pancakes for her roomate, but it wasn't like they were a secret. And while she was watching him from her bedroom door frame, something became crystal clear. She joined him and hugged him from behind. Both of her hands were on his chest, holding him tight.

"I'm ready..."

He needed no more words. He knew what she meant. She was ready to be them again. He dropped everything he had in his hands and turned his body to face her. And after a long stare, he kissed her with love. She deepened it with love. And of course, Celina chose this moment to get out of her room.

"Lucy i... OH SORRY."

She kind of ruined the moment. But they didn't care; they will have plenty of this. Tim gave her a last peck before he went back to his cooking, Lucy next to him.

"Well, before we had Tamara, now we have Celina..."

"I'm sorry, sir, I didn't..."

"That's fine. Pancakes? "

It was too easy. Celina was a bit scared of him. He always had his effect on her, plus he was her superior officer. He knew, somehow, she would feel uncomfortable.

"You're enjoying this too much, don't you?"" she asked while she kissed his cheek.

"Hm maybe..."

She shook her head with this little smile he loved. Celina couldn't stop observing them. They were different. Something changed. Not because it was obvious that they were practically back together, but maybe the love they had for each other now was stronger than eight months ago.

 * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *
28/07/2024. Hello Guys ! I hope you are ok ? I also hope you liked this OS. I had it on my mind since a while, and yesterday i read something they said about Chenford during ComingCon and i was like " Ok, write it tomorrow ". Don't forget to vote and comment :) It helps. Thank you again, more than 35k !! Still can't believe it. Take care of you. Xo

I'm going on summer break from the 7th of august to the 18th. I will try to write some OS and schedule it to publish while i'm not here. :)