✧Sophomore Year✧

Chapter Four ✧Sophomore Year✧

It was weird to think that one year ago, I was just starting high school. At this time last year, I hardly knew Scott or Stiles. At this time, Lydia Martin was the most intimidating teenager I knew. A year ago, I was still living with Derek, and I still had Isaac by my side. As I walked into school for the first time last year, I was still able to see the beautiful face of Allison Argent, and I had yet to be introduced to the extraordinary women that were Malia Tate and Kira Yukimura or the handsome IED that was Liam Dunbar. 

My heart felt heavy in my chest as I stood in front of my high school. A lot had changed since last year, including me. I was a completely different Charlotte then the one who had to be dropped off at school by a very tired Derek Hale just a year ago. That Charlotte wasn't capable of starting a fire on a random bouquet of flowers in the middle of a hospital. 

Thinking about what had gone down at the hospital after Liam had left me only made my heart sink further in my chest. I had yet to tell anybody at the incident, mainly because I had no clue how to tell someone about what I'd done. My friends were mostly Seniors, they had so much more to worry about then my little issues. 

The only other two people I would ever think about telling my problems to were Liam and Mason. As much as I trusted Liam, I didn't know how I could ever bring myself to telling him that I came back from France as even more screwed up, no less. Things were good between us, I couldn't mess that up. 

And as for Mason, well, me and Liam hadn't exactly told him everything about our lives. I guess we just wanted to protect him. 

Students began walking in to the school building, and I realized I couldn't avoid starting my first day of school forever. At least I knew it most likely wouldn't be as bad as my first day last year, which had ended early as Derek came to pick me up to take me to get Isaac from the hospital. 

I put one foot in front of the other, slowly making my way towards the front entrance. Sadly, before I could make it to the doors I was literally swept off my feet by an unknown force.

Arms were holding me tightly around my waist as they lifted me off the ground. I let out a small, confused shriek as I was spun in a circle. Once I was placed back on the ground, my head felt a little dizzy but my eyes could still make out the one and only Mason Hewitt. 

"So is there any reason you didn't call me the second you got back from France?" Mason questioned, an eyebrow being raised teasingly in my direction. 

"Jet-Lag?' I answered jokingly. Mason was another thing I hadn't had a year ago, but at the start of freshman year he had been determined to befriend me, and I was glad that his plan worked. 

"I suppose that's a good enough reason." Mason decided with a nod of his head. A smile quickly broke out on his face as he wrapped his arms around me again, seemingly holding on to me for dear life. "There was a Charlotte Lahey sized hole in my heart all summer, by the way." 

I laughed as I hugged Mason back. "I missed you too, Mase."