✧A Long Days End✧

Chapter Twelve ✧A Long Days End✧

Somewhere in the distance came the sound of hurried shuffling. Malia was on her knees next to me, trying not to look at Tracy's body just feet away. I could feel the paralysis wearing off, and i could move my arms again, though they felt a thousand pounds heavier. 

"What can I do?" Malia asked worriedly. She kept reaching out to me, then withdrawing her hands just before she touched me. Obviously, she was fortunate enough not to have dealt with a kanima before. 

"It'll were off," I explained as calmly as I could. That was just about my first fight ever, and I'd lost. Felling like failure wasn't anything knew, but it didn't feel any better then it had before. I wish the kanima poison worked on paralyzing emotions to, because feeling so angry and sad all at once made me feel like I was about to explode. With a lot less effort then I had to use minutes ago, I turned my head, locking eyes with Tracy's and getting a shiver down my spine. "Is she really-?" 

"Yeah." 

Malia didn't say anything else, not they I really wanted her to know to many more details about Tracey's current state. I felt like my head was a ticking time bomb and one more word could be its trigger to spontaneously combust, and, in all honesty, I wasn't quite sure what would happen to those around me when it did. 

In the distance, voices echoed, bouncing off the walls in a disarray of worried tones. It wasn't until the voice was directly over me that I realized the one calling my name belonged to Scott, who had rushed down to the basement with Stiles, Deaton, and the Sheriff. 

Scott stood over me, looking down at me with wide eyes and immediately dropping to his knees. I tried smiling up at him, tell him he didn't need to look so horrified, but it was hard to smile when you couldn't feel the rest of you body. 

"It's okay, it'll were off," Scott promised, apparently forgetting that this wasn't my first time falling victim to kanima venom. Gently, Scott lifted the top half of my body up, and held me so that i was leaning against his chest, the slowly functioning nerves in my body beginning to feel how tight his arms were as he wrapped them around me. His grip never loosening, Scott asked Malia, "What happened?" 

For what seemed to be the first time, everyone's attention was directed towards Tracy. The others moved towards the girls body, but Scott stayed were he was, cradling me like I was a small child which, for the time being, I didn't mind. 

"It wasn't me," Malia said quickly. She held her hands up defensively, and this girl, this werecoyote, who I was sure was the complete antonym for fear, had a shaky voice as he eyes pleaded for our friends to believe her. 

"What the hell happened to her?" The Sheriff questioned, and I wasn't quite sure if the her was me or Tracy.