Let 'Em In

Maureen, Cynthia, and Pattie were planning the whole thing and having so much fun, they even invited John, Ringo, and George.

"So, one question." John asked, tying up a balloon and handing it to Cynthia. "How're you gonna keep Paul and Linda out of their own house while we're setting up?"

"Oh, don't worry about that." Pattie reassured, tying up streamers as George kept her steady by holding her waist.

"Heather and Julian are keeping them busy." Maureen said as she and Ringo were reorganizing the boxes of presents from Paul and Linda's friends.

"That... doesn't reassure me, that just makes me more nervous."

"John, shut up and blow." Cynthia joked, handing him a deflated balloon.

...........

"There." Julian said as he hekped Heather get up. They made a bunch of different pictures using sidewalk chalk, though half of the designs were all over them as they were practically covered with chalk head to toe.

"Are you sure this'll keep them busy?"

"Of course! We can tell them about each one and everything and then that should keep 'em busy."

"Okay..." Heather trusted Julian, even if he was a boy.

As the car pulled in Heather grasped Julian's hand for confidence. And Julian didn't mind.

"Hey Jules! Hey Heather!"

"Hi, Daddy!" Heather ran to gave Paul a hug, getting chalk all over him.

"You can skip my hug, Heather." Linda joked, not wanting to be covered in chalk.

"What do you think of our drawings?"

"Nice, what's that one?"

"Oh, well that's, uh..."

We're stalling to make an excuse for our stalling.

..........

"I don't know, I still don't think-" John looked away for a second and with a hammer hit his thumb. Dropping the hammer and grasping his thumb, John began shouting.... words that... uh... weren't too appropriate, let's say. Very loudly, as well.

"What was that...?" Paul asked.

Heather and Julian paled. "Uh... nothing..."

.........

"John, what happened?!?"

"THE (Uh, yeah, we're goin' with unicorns and ponies on this one...) HAMMER, THAT'S WHAT!!!"

"Uh, yeah, George, we're putting you in charge of the hammer next time.

.........

"Uh, you can't!" Julian said quickly.

"It, uh, exploded." Heather said, thinking of the first thing that popped in her head.

"Heather, sweetie, Jules, we like fun and games, but we have to get to the door." Linda said, pointing to the shut door with unknown chaos in commence behind it.

........

Everyone heard the footsteps of none other than Linda and Paul approaching.

"Shoot."

"EVERYONE, HIDE!!!"

As Paul and Linda walked in, turning on the light, all of their best friends popped out of various places, all simultaneously shouting the imfamous, "SURPRISE!!!"

And the rest of the baby shower continued...

Yeah, sorry for the midnight update, but I was working on this for like three days and finally got to finish it and I can't sleep, so yeah...