Epilogue

Burgundy's point of view!

Me and Amanda stare into the billowing flames and the two dead bodies, burning deep within the Dreamyard. 

"Did they kill themselves...?" Amanda whispers.

The bodies are too burned already to see.

"I think they did..." I murmur back.

Cilan. The great murderer Cilan. Who always escaped the authorities like a Purrloin slipping through small spaces. He killed himself.

"I don't get it, yet..."

A weak smile appears on my face.

It would be a nice thought to say that immediately, every negative emotion that transformed me from a little girl to a bitter angry woman would have slipped away without a trace, leaving the personality of an innocent wide eyed girl.

It didn't.

The negativity and anger stood its ground, like concrete. Yet I smiled.

"Do you think it's worth reporting everything Cilan did to the police?" Amanda asks.

"No, he's dead now. I think he learned enough of a lesson." I say. "Should we go check on Cress?"

"Ah, yes, yes yes yes, let's go do that right now." Amanda replies, before suddenly breaking out into a run back towards the restaurant. I follow but power-walk. I'm not as eager as she is, of course.

Inside the restaurant, Amanda is already hugging Cress. The original. Let's call the brainwashed kid who thinks he's Cress "Aqua".

Ember is tending to Chili, having wrapped him up in blankets and is spoon feeding him soup to help him regain his strength. Aqua is just standing in the corner, confused out of his mind. I don't blame him.

"So..." I say, in English, pulling up a chair and sitting down. "Cilan and Ash killed themselves."

Ember just gives a quick 'mm-hmm'. He's too busy on nursing Chili... Everyone else is just ignoring me. I sigh, get up and walk up to Aqua who's in the corner.

"So, what now?" I ask him.

He sighs.

"Chil- no, Ember has explained everything to me..." Aqua says with a sigh. "I think maybe I should get an apartment in Castelia and try to build a new identity for myself."

"Maybe bring Ember with you?"

"Maybe..."

I turn to Amanda who is clearly being overly and almost uncomfortably romantic towards Cress, although it's the happiest I've seen her. 

"Amanda? What are you going to do from here?"

She's twirling some of Cress' hair around a finger and not responding.

"She says she's probably going to work with me and Chili at the restaurant." Cress answers before going back to hugging Amanda.

So, that's what everyone is doing...

As for me? Well... I think I might just keep hanging around the Dreamyard. I have friends here, and maybe Amanda might be nice enough to take me in...

Unova seems endlessly more peaceful now. Less hostile, less dangerous. Less evil.

For the first time in ages, I feel like I can sit down and feel at peace, without a constant threat shadowing over me.

So, that's it, I guess. The end.