O r i g i n

August 23, 2011.

Long Island, New York.

   The sky was dark gray portraying sadness on the atmosphere. Everyone was on their dull coats and umbrellas as they stroll freely at the streets, Including me, my heavy feet was stepping at the wet concrete. My cold hands was on the inside of my coat pocket, shaking secretly. My other hand was clasped firmly at my chestnut brown brief case. The cars at the streets was moving rapidly at the slight traffic, Typical New York day, but it was drizzling. I stepped at the stone stairs resting on the foot of an old tall stone building. Once I was inside, I dried off my feet at the warm rag located at the entrance.
    "Good morning Mr. Ross." Hansel greeted me at the receptionist desk. Her braided hair was bouncing at her back. Her rosy cheeks was showing up at the surface. I went in front of the desk and clicked the pen.
    "Rough day out there huh?" She asked.
    "Yes, Directly in front of me, it was the worst day this week, never though that my newly paired shoes would be ruined. My wife could kill me any minute now." We both chuckled.
    "So any papers today? Any new threats from the admin?" I asked her. Handing her the log sheet and took the pen back.
    "Well," she turned back and took a folder out of the steel drawer. She turned back to me while strolling her hands at the folders.
   "You have a meeting with a lady name Aria Grace at 8, and-"
   "Can you cancel that?" I interrupted her.

"Apparently she was insisting herself to have a meet up, though I told her you were booked and she said you might need to spare another time,"

"Well that's the first,"

"And you still have to conduct a meet up with Governor McLean for another case and this," She handed me a file containing a picture of a lady clipped on her information sheet and her documents,

"Whats this?" She handed me another bag. It was heavy this time.

"It came with that," She pointed. "Thanks" I told her. After that, I bid goodbye and went straight to my office. I opened the steel door with a frame saying 'Detective Ross' I took of my coat and hooked it at the wooden coat and hat organizer. I slammed my brief case at my desk and opened my laptop. I sighed heavily, gazing at my dull messy office, documents and papers every where. Then I remembered the document Hansel gave me. I grabbed it and read it slowly.

"NAME: Emma Green Lancaster.
  AGE: 36 Y/O
  BIRTHPLACE: UNITED KINGDOM
  Case: The Western Building Tragedy."

I stopped reading, giving the paper a slight grin. I slammed the paper at my desk and took the plastic. It was a tape, I examined it and noticed the label at the middle. "Lancaster Interview" I quickly set the tape up on my T.V, sat down at my chair, waited for the video to show up while taking a hot sip on my coffee.

Once the video was up, I was welcomed by a girl looking pretty depressed. She was wearing a mint blue fitted shirt. Her face was motionless and her body was shaking.

POLICE: "Mrs. Lancaster, Can you please tell me what happened to you in that Floor?" 

EMMA: "My f-family, T-they're A-all gone,"

POLICE: "What do you mean?"

EMMA: "They took them, A-All of them,"

POLICE: "And who took them Mrs. Lancaster?" 

EMMA: "The demon,"

POLICE: "What was it like in that floor?"

EMMA: "I-it was a horrible place, filled with treacherous souls and wrath of the damned spirits. the walls, they were rusty and warm, the p-place was dark a-and, I-I, I couldn't, I'm sorry,"

POLICE: "It's okay, I just want to know, how did you end up at that place?"

EMMA: "I-I don't know, I was with my husband, and s-some s-strangers a-at the s-same building, and something happened, after that, I-it started, we got stuck on that hell, t-that deadly hell,"

POLICE: "It's says in this file that out of 8 people that was with you, you were the only one who survived, How was that possible?"

EMMA: "All of them must die except one, the o-original plan of the demon is to get seven people to sacrifice at that hell, I-I was the one who was destined t-to get out,"

POLICE: "Did you know the history of that floor?"

EMMA: "No,"

POLICE: "It was years ago when a family was the first to discover a cursed tape that was preserved for about 20 years. After that, it happened. This tragedy was the origin of what happened to you, and the people who was with you. "