F i v e

Jerry's Point of View:

It's 11:34 P.M in my watch, and I'm sitting on a foam chair right next to my wife. As of now, she is still in a coma, but the doctor said her brain was working again. I kept thinking about her for the past days. Even though I was accepted at the job, I couldn't concentrate because I was thinking about Amy. All I want to do was to hug Amy and never let her go again, not even a single air and space separating us, but the pain was unbearable. Watching her there at the bed, her eyes close and a lot of machine attached to her, Making me want to release my tears that has been hiding on my strength.

Seeing her like this reminds me of my Mom. My mom, Sarah Wilson, Died because of brain cancer, seeing
my mom suffering the pain like that was the most horrible thing I have seen. The feeling of thousand of needles piercing my heart, causing it to bleed continuously. Now I'm seeing it again, and I couldn't handle my self seeing someone I love the most, suffering this kind of throe.

I watched Amy at the bed with the monitor beeping every second. My back was rested at the chair, Hands placed at the arm rest and my legs crossed. The atmosphere was quiet, Jake was sleeping on the floor, His legs were curled up as the cloth was protecting her from the breeze. I told Jake to go home for a while and rest, but he doesn't too, he wants to be with Mom. Stuart was also sleeping at the couch.

Watching the both of them made me feel drowsy. I started to feel my head slowly leaning and my brain was shutting down. I couldn't fight it much longer, and it was causing me more stress.

My eyes slowly closing and my body relaxing.

Then I heard her voice,

Amy's voice.

My blood woke up, my eyes tearing up. I quickly got up from the chair after I heard her voice, and It was calling out my name.

"Oh my God," I said to myself while I got up, sure enough one of the boys heard me.

"Jerry..." She whispered. Her voice was raspy, soft and with a little vibration to her words.

"Jerry?" She looked at me. Her eyes trying to open, but she couldn't, she was still weak. Tears started to gush down from her weak red eyes, and I couldn't resist my self to join her.

"Amy? no...no, it's okay," I whispered to her while tracing my fingers gently at her forehead.

"Mom? Mom?" Jake's heart started to soften as he heard her Mom's voice once again.

"H-hi Jake," Amy quietly sob, Giving Jake a forced smile. "Mom!" Stuart got up and rushed down to Amy, Hugging her.

"We missed you so much mom," Stuart started to cry, The two boys were hugging Amy tightly, never wanted to let go. "I'm so sorry mom, I'm sorry," Jake looked Amy to the eyes with sorrow. "It's okay honey, You have done nothing wrong." Amy whispered.

I was happy to see my family all happy again, I smiled looking at them, It was like a beautiful painting. I went outside and told one of the nurse that Amy just woke up. The Doctor's quickly arrived as they tested Amy's recovery chart, And the Doctors congratulated Amy and us for surviving.

"Mrs. Wilson Has to stay in the hospital for another day so we can examine her recovery, She is doing fine and it comes and goes, although she needs a little more time to rest to let her body process." Dr. Ramirez explained and handed me a chart for me to sign. We were so filled with joy seeing Amy back again and we couldn't wait to come home.

The day had past and Amy was ready to go home. She was put on a wheel chair because of her week knees.

Finally we were home, It was the most relieved feeling I had ever had in the past days. Leaving the hospital was arriving at the peak of the highest mountain.