Chapter #8

WYLMB Chapter #8

- Sam's Point of View (POV) -

Argghhhhhhhh!

I just can't get to sleep! Why?

WHY?!

Isn't the answer just plain obvious? What other things can be stuck in my head other than that kitty...

My kitty.

Mine.

But is she even mine?

Argh! I don't know why but my feelings for Jess have just grown... A lot stronger? I don't really know if the reason why I am doing this 'fake relationship' thing with Jess is just plainly and innocently wanting Jake to be jealous anymore, because the attraction between me to Jess is just something that can't be easily brushed off.

That sour and almost burning feeling I have in the pit of my stomach and in my heart when I saw Jess cuddling with that random guy was something new to me... A feeling that I have never ever experienced before... A feeling that only happens when I see Jess with someone else...

That sweet, sweet feeling I have whenever I see Jess smile... Or just basically when I see Jess...

Her beautiful brown eyes which I yearn to stare into all day,

Her dark and almost black hair which I want to run my fingers down,

Her pink and pouty lips that I've wished to kiss for quite some time now...

Well, you know what? Whoever that guy was cuddling with MY girl that day, you are going down.

Deep down.

And I am serious about this.

~ Later that day (Still in Sam's POV) ~

"OMG! Isn't that Sam? He looks so good today!"

"He doesn't even frequent this place! What makes him come here today? OMG, I think I am going to faint!"

"Hey hey guys OMG it's Samuel Langston the geek god!"

Girls continue with their fan- girling as I walk past the long hallway of lockers.

Usually I will reply to each of them with one or two of my signature smirk (which, should I add, makes them faint with joy every single time?). However, today just isn't the day. I am not in the mood as I am still looking for a girl, that has been stuck in my freaking head for the past few freaking long, painful, hours.

Correction, MY girl.

Striding past the hallway of students which automatically cleared the pathway as I pass, I saw my bro.

Or should I say, someone who used to be my bro.

After that incident where I introduced Jess as my girlfriend, I really don't know what kind of position both Jake and I are standing right now. Are we still friends? Enemies? Or even still...

Rivals? For love?

Anything that we can be, I am really starting to miss Jake. He was the only guy who I used to always count on. The one who always allow me to crash a night in his house, the one who we made goals to be popular together, the one who helped me organise parties together.

The one who we depended on each other since day one, which was, I don't know how long ago.

The one who trusted me with his little secret, the one who trusted me to help him get the girl of his dreams... The naive one who trusted the wrong person.

And guess what? I have just crushed everything, all of what we used to have together, with my bare hands.

What had happened to us today, is destroyed by me, myself and I.

But it is of no use now. No amount of reproaching can reverse the reality. I should have seen this coming... In Fact, I knew this day was going to come sooner or later. I deserve all of this.

Shaking myself back to reality, I walk towards Jake, who seems to be like staring at something, or more like someone, intently. And that is not something like a typical 'Jake move'.

Being curious about all things just like how I usually am (totally not a surprise at all), I walk towards the commotion.

And I regretted it almost immediately.

Over there all I could see was Jess, again, with that unknown guy. And that guy had his hand, his stupid hand, hung casually over Jess' slim and defined shoulders.

Now, I am getting to be really curious about this unknown and random guy that always seems to be around Jess. Who is he? Why is he always by Jess' side? Why is Jess acting and being so comfortable around him? Last but not least...

Why is he always touching kitty?

MY kitty.

Moving my intense gaze from that guy's hand to Jess' face, I met with her ever so beautiful cloudy, chocolate brown eyes. The eyes who I wish I could look at all day and not get tired of. However, now was just not the time. I held our stare for a few more seconds before I broke it off reluctantly and went straight back to the campus car park, without once turning my head back. Because I know, if I were to turn back, I will become all soft on her and... I don't know what can things lead to next.

Call me a coward or whatever, but I have to protect myself. Protect myself form all these heartbreak.

If I can't even protect myself, how am I suppose to protect Jess?

I am very sorry to say this Jess, but please don't ever blame it on me. It was you who decided to cause all of these events to unfold.

And it was you who probably will cause the end of a potential good relationship,

Between you and I.

-----

HI GUYS I AM BACK AFTER WHAT SEEMS LIKE A YEAR!!!

First of all guys, I am so so so sorry guy for breaking my promise I make a few weeks back... Yes if you are not a follower (which you should to be updated with the latest news!!) you might not have known that I've actually promised that I will update that day... But I didn't and never did. For that, I am really sorry!!

And the reason or excuse for me not updating? I really have none. It's just me being a really selfish person and not updating :(

But!! Don't worry!! I am going to update a NEW CHAPTER either today, tomorrow or two days later!! I promise this time and I am not going to break it.

Was actually planning to combine this chapter with the upcoming one to get her but considering the fact that I've not updated in a very long time, I've decided to break it into two (or more!!) chapters first as I want to get a chapter up ASAP!!

And guys... Thank you SO SO SO much for 590 total views and 45 votes since my last update!! OMG, this just... Makes me feel very guilty for you guys to be supporting me but me to be not updating...

BUT DON'T WORRY GUYS, I AM BACK FOR GOOD THIS TIME.

Once again, please VOTE, COMMENT and SHARE this story if you haven't done so! It is really much appreciated my me!!

Oh and guys, can we reach 50 votes before the new chapter gets uploaded?

Alright, guys! See you guys in the next chapter, which is coming your way VERY VERY SOON!

- Xuan 🌿