ii. rules

I don’t play when it comes to rules

I don’t play when it comes to rules. I won’t hesitate to give you a warning or to ban you once you have crossed the line. You can visit vi. warning list and vii. banned members if you want proof. To save yourself from being banned, please read the rules carefully.

─────── 𐦍༘───────

f i r s t   r u l e
r e s p e c t

Respect the host and the members of the book club. You must NEVER UNFOLLOW THE HOST, and when you know that you have done something untoward to your partner—being late in doing your task or leaving comments that are too short and don’t consist of five words or more—YOU MUST APOLOGIZE TO THEM.

· · ୨୧ · ·
s e c o n d   r u l e
e n t r i e s

Every writer is free to enter ONE TO TWO BOOKS on the weekly gatherings, so long as their work contains TWO OR MORE CHAPTERS (excluding disclaimers, synopsis, character aesthetics, or any other parts that cannot be officially considered as chapters).

· · ୨୧ · ·
t h i r d   r u l e
p u n c t u a l i t y

DO YOUR TASK ON TIME. If you don’t, I will make your partner withdraw the votes and comments that they have given to your story.

· · ୨୧ · ·
f o u r t h   r u l e
r e a d i n g

DO NOT SKIM the story that will be assigned to you. You must read thoroughly and completely (for Task B only).

· · ୨୧ · ·
f i f t h   r u l e
c o m m e n t s

You must leave THREE OR MORE COMMENTS in each chapter of your partner’s work. Every comment must be connected to the story and contain FIVE WORDS OR MORE (for Task B only).

· · ୨୧ · ·
s i x t h   r u l e
b o o k   r e v i e w

After reading your partner’s book, you must give a book review, which must consist of TWO PARAGRAPHS with THREE OR MORE SENTENCES per paragraph (for Task B only).

· · ୨୧ · ·
s e v e n t h   r u l e
d i s p l a y

You must participate in the book club’s activities. If FIVE CONSECUTIVE WEEKS have gone by WITHOUT YOU JOINING any of the gatherings, you will be considered a “display” and your name will be removed from the official list of Austenites. This is kind of similar to being banned, in the sense that you would have to leave the book club, but this is less offending and less of a chagrin on your end.

─────── 𐦍༘───────

If you violate any of the rules stated above, you will receive a warning. Once you receive TWO WARNINGS, you will automatically be BANNED from the book club.

Once you are removed for being a display, you can still come back in the future if you ever want to. But if you are banned, you won’t be given the chance to sign up for this book club again.