Chapter Two- Hey, Let's Make a Baby!

Grace's petite frame was dancing around the kitchen, her mind in the recipe she was making. It was her one year anniversary with Hannah, and she wanted to surprise her. Plus, Hannah was easier to talk to when she had good food in her system.  She had something she wanted to talk to Hannah about.

Grace had always wanted to be a mother, ever since she was a baby. She loved the feeling of being responsible for another human life other than her own. She loved everything about parenthood. The two-am feedings and diaper changes. The parent-teacher conferences. Everything. She wanted it so desperately, and she had an itchy suspicion that Hannah wanted it too.

Hannah had stayed out later than what she intended. The meeting she was in ran an hour long. As she entered the apartment, she tossed her bag on the couch and her keys on the table, grinning as she watched Grace dance around.

"Nice ass, Smellbig." Hannah said teasingly before hopping on the counter next to where Grace was cooking. She swung her legs as she waited for a response.

Grace rolled her eyes and turned around to face Hannah with a spatula in her hand before pushing her off the counter. "Ass off the counter, Farto. I cook here." Grace said as she swatted Hannah with the spatula.

Hannah rolled her eyes and laced her arms around Grace from behind, standing on her toes to kiss Grace's neck. "How was your day, baby?" she asked.

Grace bit her lip, her mind still on what she wanted to ask Hannah. "It was good. Happy Anniversary by the way, baby." she said, grinning.

Hannah took a whiff of the food's savory aroma and grinned to herself, pleasantly surprised. "You're making my favorite? I should be the one cooking for you, babe. You've been the better girlfriend."

Grace finished dinner and poured two glasses of red wine, fixing the plates and setting the table. "Hannah, we need to talk." Grace said as she nervously sipped on her wine.

Hannah feared the worst. Whenever one of her past girlfriends said 'We need to talk', it usually led to a breakup. Hannah cleared her throat and said the only thing she could think of, "What's up, babe?"

Grace sat her glass down and fiddled with her fingers, biting on her lip and looking down at her bare feet. "We've been together for a year now, and I've always wanted to be a parent, as you know. What I'm saying is I think it's time we get a sperm donor and have a baby." she said.

Hannah took a moment to register what Grace said to her. After a minute, she grinned. "I've been thinking about that too. The question is, who would carry the baby?" she asked.

Grace thought for a moment before speaking. "I would, because I don't think you can give up alcohol or reckless behavior for nine whole months." she said.

Hannah furrowed her eyebrows before nodding. "I agree." she said.

Grace bit her lip to keep in a scream of excitement. She sat on her hand and nodded. "Then it's settled, Hannah. We'll be the best parents in the YouTube community. We'll be even better than Louise." she said.

Hannah got up and sat in Grace's lap before kissing her. "I'm glad we're doing this. I'm glad we're going to be parents." she said.

Grace wound her arms around Hannah's waist and kissed her back. "That means no more Vodka Parties and binge watching Real Housewives." she said, frowning playfully.

Hannah shook her head and poked Grace's stomach. "No, babe. That means no more Vodka Parties and binge watching Real Housewives for /you/. I can drink." she said, teasingly.

Grace frowned and pushed Hannah off her lap. "You wouldn't do that to me, tease me while I suffer, would you?" she asked, putting on her best puppy dog face.

Hannah tilted her head to the side and pondered an answer. "I might. It depends if you're good or not. If you're good, I won't tease you. If you're bad I will tease you. It's common logic. Bad girls get punishments." she said in a matter-of-fact voice.

Grace let a series of childlike whines escape her lips.  "You little bitch." she said.

Hannah shook her head and ignored Grace's playful insult. "We should probably make an appointment at a fertility clinic, yeah?" she asked as she sat back down to eat.

Grace nodded and picked up the phone, dialing the number of the fertility clinic she looked at earlier. She talked to the receptionist for about twenty minutes before hanging up. "So we're not disturbed, the receptionist so kindly booked us a private appointment after hours." Grace said.

Hannah's face instantly lit up. She ran towards Grace and hugged her tightly, furiously kissing her soon to be bulging stomach. "When's the appointment?" she asked.

"In an hour." Grace said, laughing nervously. She kissed Hannah to calm her down before she headed to their room to change.

When both girls were ready, they met at the front door. Hannah, who was clearly more nervous than Grace, looked at her girlfriend. "Are you okay? Are you feeling sick? Do you need anything?" she asked as she led Grace outside, shielding her from the elements.

Grace laughed and stepped out from behind Hannah. "I'm not pregnant yet. You can settle down for now." she said as she got in the passenger's seat.

Hannah sighed and got in, beginning to drive in the direction of the fertility clinic. "I just need you to be okay, safe, and healthy. You'll be carrying something special in there soon." she said as she pulled into the parking lot.

"I'm aware of this, Hannah. I'm fine. Honestly." Grace said as she got out. She smoothed out her dress and went inside to check in, Hannah following close at her heels.

Hannah wrapped an arm protectively around Grace's petite waist as she checked in. "Are you cold, baby? Do you need something to drink?" she asked.

Grace shook her head and kissed Hannah before being lead into a private room. The nurse gave Grace a gown to change into.

"The doctor will be with you soon." she said before leaving.

Grace stripped down and put on the flimsy gown. She hopped onto the bed and waited, staring at the ceiling.

Hannah sat down in the chair next to the bed and held one of Grace's hands. "I love you, baby girl. When the doctor comes in and does her thing, just focus on me, okay?" she said in a comforting tone of voice.

Just as Grace was about to answer, the doctor came in with a silver case.

The doctor sat on the rolling stool in front of Grace's bed and pulled on some gloves. "Hello, ladies. I'm Dr. Bennett, and I'll be your doctor." she said with a kind smile as she pulled out the needleless syringe that held the future baby Hartbig.

Grace laid her head back and closed her eyes as she could feel the syringe being inserted into her. She reached for Hannah's hands and squeezed them.

Hannah kissed each of Grace's fingertips, focusing on her girlfriend's squirming.

The doctor pulled the syringe out and tossed it into the trashcan. "I'm going to place a cap in Grace, which will hold the sperm in place. You can remove the cap at the end of the day. I need her to wait fifteen minutes before she moves." the doctor said as she packed up and left.

Hannah looked at Grace with concern. "How are you feeling? Do you feel different?" she asked as she gathered Grace's clothes.

Grace looked down at her stomach and though for a moment before responding. "A little." she said.

Fifteen minutes passed and Grace inched her way off the bed, placing her feet on the cold tile floors and standing up. She took the gown off and threw it away before putting her clothes back on.

Hannah carefully watched Grace, eyeing Grace in concern.

"You're making sure I don't slip and fall, aren't you?" Grace asked as she fixed her hair.

Hannah blushed and shrugged her shoulders. "It's just you're carrying some precious cargo in there." she said as she led Grace out.