Chapter Three- Two Pink Lines

Grace sat in the bathroom with her head between her knees, her eyes staring down at the pregnancy test that laid in the floor. She tapped her foot almost impatiently as she waited for the results to come back.

The results of this test would ultimately determine her and Hannah's future as parents. She blinked a few times to refocus her eyes on the tiny white stick. She grinned to herself when she saw two pink lines come back. She was pregnant. She would soon become a mother.

Grace screamed in excitement, which caused Goose and Ollie to come running. "Nothing's wrong, babies. I'm fine." she said as she grabbed the test and headed to the bedroom to change. She pulled on a pair of pants and a plaid shirt before brushing her hair and applying makeup.

She slipped into a pair of flats and looked at her appearance, nodding in approval. She grabbed her purse and stepped outside, making her way to where Hannah was at a meeting.

After about half an hour of walking, Grace arrived at the building Hannah was at. She showed her ID and made her way to the waiting room outside of the meeting room Hannah was in. She sat down in the largest, comfiest chair and tapped her foot to the classical music playing.

After ten minutes of waiting, Hannah made her way outside and tilted her head to the side in a curious fashion as she saw Grace. "What are you doing here, babe? Shouldn't you be resting?" she asked as she sat down in the chair next to Grace.

Grace exhaled nervously and withdrew the test, handing it to Hannah. "L-look." she said as she watched Hannah look at it.

Hannah blinked, registering what the test said. "You're pregnant!" Hannah shouted before engulfing Grace in a hug.

Grace laughed and hugged her girlfriend back, kissing her forehead repeatedly. "We're going to be parents. And we'll be the best damn parents in the YouTube community. We'll be better than Louise." she said in a teasing tone.

Hannah knelt down in front of Grace and kissed her tummy, which was still flat. "Hi there, baby. I'm your other momma. We'll be so good to you and we'll protect you from everything." she whispered. She pressed her ear against Grace's stomach, as if there was something to hear.

Grace rolled her eyes and ran a hand through Hannah's hair. "There's nothing in there to talk to yet." she said as she helped Hannah stand up.

Protective mode suddenly kicked in in Hannah. She took off her suit jacket and draped it around Grace's shoulders before leading her to the car. "Be careful, baby. Don't trip over this step." she said as she helped Grace down a set of stairs.

Grace sighed and let Hannah help her outside, into the car. She buckled up and watched as Hannah carefully inspected the buckle.

"It's too tight." Hannah said as she knelt down and loosened Grace's belt.

"Hannah, what are you doing?" Grace asked as she watched Hannah shut her door and get in.

"Your seatbelt was too tight. I don't want you to squeeze Baby Hartbig." Hannah said as she began driving in the direction of the house.

Grace chuckled softly and rested a hand on her stomach. "I'll try to be more careful." she said, hoping Hannah would calm down. 

Hannah nodded in satisfaction before she pulled into the driveway of their house. She got out and rushed around to Grace's side. She helped Grace out of the car and wrapped one of her arms around her waist, lacing one of her own arms around Grace's shoulders to help her in the house.

Grace sighed heavily and let Hannah lead her inside. "Hannah, I can walk. I won't fall." she said as she sat down.

Hannah released Grace and hurried to the kitchen to get Grace something to eat. "Turkey sandwich?" she called from the kitchen.

Grace got up and laced her arms around Hannah's waist from behind. "Is that for me?" she asked, giggling slightly.

Hannah pointed to Grace's sandwich. "That one's yours. This one has cheese on it, so you might die if you eat it." she said, snickering.

Grace rolled her eyes and kissed Hannah's nose. "Oh, hush up. I love cheese, I just can't have it." she said as she rested her chin on Hannah's head.

Hannah stood on her toes and grabbed two glasses, a wine glass and a regular one. She poured wine into the wine glass for herself and water into the regular glass for Grace.

Grace whined as she took her plate and the glass, sitting it on the bar. "You get wine but I get water? So unfair." she whined.

Hannah flashed her signature grin as she sat her things and herself down next to Grace. She reached out a hand and rubbed Grace's stomach, her grin only growing wider. "You can't have any alcohol, baby girl. Not for a while." she said proudly.