iconfused

I woke up to birds singing right outside my window. I hate that crap. "Shut up!" I yelled. The birds stopped. Mama doesn't need that kinda stuff to start her day.

"Cat?" I asked the empty room. I looked at the clock, already 9:30, she's at school now.

I sighed, a little disappointed. It was always nice seeing Cat wake up in the morning. She looked like a Disney princess when she woke up, all she needed were the little furry animals running around her. Some people looked like a train wreck when they woke up, like me, but not Cat. She always looked beautiful.

What was that Puckett? I don't think Cat is beautiful! Well I mean of course she's beautiful, you'd have to be blind not to see that. But I don't think, that is, ugh!

Shut up Puckett. Go to the bathroom.

After a long, cold shower I headed into the kitchen. Mmmm cold chili for breakfast. I opened my laptop and sat at the counter with my chili. What time was it in Italy? Around 10 in the morning here, should be around seven at night there.

"Cool." I mutter to myself. Carly might be by her computer.

I opened up the Skype. Carly' s face popped up.

"Hey Sam! What's up?" Carly looked happy.

"Not much Carls, how's it by you?" I asked her.

"Things are great! School is going fine and I think things are getting serious with Sil." Silvio was Carly' s boyfriend she met over there. He seemed like a good dude and he treated Carly nice. I was happy for Carly, she used to be so lonely over there but Sil fixed that.

"Well he better be treating you good or I'll fly over there and pound him!"

"Please don't pound my boyfriend. Plus customs probably wouldn't let the butter sock through." Carly said.

"I'll use Italian butter then." I grinned.

"What's going on Sam? You look like something is bothering you." Carly wanted to know.

"I'm fine. Nothing's bothering me." I lied.

"Sam." She said in that to tone that told me she wasn't buying it. Carly was my best friend and knew me better than anybody in the world. I should have known I couldn't hid  anything from her.

"It's Cat." I exhaled.

"She still mad from you leaving her in jail? I know I would be!"

"No she's forgiven me for that. It's something she said last night." I then explained to Carly what happened. After she was quiet for a minute.

"Hm." Was all she said.

"Hm? That's all you can say? I'm going nuts over here trying to wrap my head around this!" I couldn't believe Carly.

"Sam. I want you to sit down."

"I am sitting!" I yelled.

"OK OK, look, I've been hoping that you would come to this on you  own... I've known you for forever and I've known this about you forever too."

"Carly you are starting to wazz me off." What was  she talking about?

"OK I'll just say it" she was  exasperated "Sam, you're gay!"