Insert Sexual Innuendo Here

I walk back over to the table where Mr. Hurst awaits fidgeting with his Rolex. "If you don't mind me asking was that business or pleasure?"

"Neither," I sigh heavily instantly regretting my decision. "I have something I need to take care of. If you don't mind."

Mr. Hurst nods his head. "You know you don't have to run to him just because he calls," he adjusts his shirt.

"I know, but he's my boss. I have to do what he says because it's my job. I apologize," I'm feeling guilty because I know that Mr. Hurst had been disappointed in me.

Mr. Hurst looks simply radiant, relaxed, and sensational as we wait for the cab to arrive.

"I hope I get to see you again, Miss Donovan," he manages a smile even though I know he's quite upset.

"There is no doubt in my mind that we will be seeing each other again."

"I had a great time having dinner with you."

"And I with you, Mr. Hurst."

The bright yellow cab had pulled up smoothly to the curb and this is our final goodbye. For now.

In a heartbeat I feel his warm hands touch both of my cheeks. His thumb of his right hand barely caressing the apple of my cheek. My heart starts to race underneath my ribcage. This is it. Mr. Hurst is about to kiss me. I feel my world about to turn upside down with him just being inches away from me.

That uncontrollable feeling of butterflies fluttering around my stomach and intestines. I'm about to explode as he closes the distance between us.

His lips press against mine softly.

I close my eyes for a brief moment soaking in the sweet gesture. It's not an intense make-out session. Just enough to leave me wanting more.

He pulls back to give me a brief wink. "I hope he doesn't keep you so late," he admits while holding the door of the cab open for me.

I step inside the cab holding onto my dress all ladylike like my mother taught me.

"I'm sure he won't. It must be pretty important, but I understand that business is business. You always have to keep track. Sometimes that means staying up late while everyone is relaxing."

It's as if I was defending his poor timing. You're just that nice, Ellie. You do anything that people ask of you. Pushover. I snarl at my her honesty.

Mr. Hurst closes the door behind me. "Just remember that even a man busy all the time, needs to have leisure time himself. You never know what Mr. Hale does when you're not around him."

And for a moment I had to think about that honestly. I don't know what he does. I didn't want to spend time dwelling on the many females way more attractive than me he could be with. It wasn't my place to get jealous. How could I? Can I?

Soon after I catch a cab over to Mr. Hale's house. My curls have came undone so I settle for leaving my hair dangling down over my shoulders.

This was my first time coming to Mr. Hale's house to bring anything.

At this late hour what could he possibly need from me? Maybe it's not what he needs from you, it's what he needs of you.

The cab drops me off at a gated house among a hill overlooking the city. It's quite exquisite. I glance over the lawn freshly serviced. Perfect. Once I pay the cab, I'm on the sidewalk smoothing out my dress so that I would presentable for my meeting.