Chapter 2 - Edited

Amra

Next morning she woke up early, picked up the second of the two suits she had, put the one from the day before in her washing machine and made a note to herself to remember to take it out and iron it when she returned that night. After her shower she got dressed and picked up her bag, then the bell rang, and she stopped to think for a second. She had not expected anyone. She started walking slowly towards the door, and once there, peeked to see who it was. She started to breathe again, it was Miss Clark's driver back to pick her up.

Once Caliope inserted the special key, the elevator doors opened and she walked in smiling. Lady Magna was there greeting her as she was picking up her bag and walking towards the door to the big living room.

"Miss Woodward please walk with me. Miss Clark will be with us soon, she asked me to guide you through the apartment."

"Thank you... that would be very helpful."

"You already know the living room. And towards the front door is the guest's bathroom. Now, don't forget that you can use it too if you like."

"I would try to avoid that but thank you for letting me know."

"Easiest way to remember your way back is imagining the living room as the center, elevators as part of said center. The full apartment is made around it. Starting from the service rest area, The Kitchen and the dining room are over there, the next important room is the Study. The Library of Miss Clark is the following, and then a guest's room. A second bathroom there, and the next room is Miss Clark's son's room. Young Amra has his own bathroom. Right next is Miss Clark's room and her own bathroom as well. There is another room following hers, used to store personal things from Miss Clark so This is a room no one enters but her and her son. The dining room again, and the kitchen. A small room with all that is necessary for the apartment's cleaning. That leads us back here. Do you have questions?"

Caliope was trying to memorize each room and then quickly shook her head. It didn't sound hard, the apartment, as big as or even bigger than any of her previous residences, was very well ordered, helping her immensely.

"Thank you Magna, may I ask, do you remain here at times? During the day?"

"My job, among other things, consists of what you are going to do as well, but I only work during nights, and directly with Miss Clark, I don't deal with her son."

A little hint of bitterness was detected on her statement, and just then Miss Clark came out of her room finishing combing her hair to the side.

"Oh Caliope, I am happy to see you. Magna, can you make sure this envelope goes straight to our main client in his private residence today?"

"Yes Miss Clark, I am going to be waiting for you downstairs. Bye Miss Woodward, have a good day."

"Goodbye Magna, enjoy your day as well. Hello Miss Clark, it is nice to see you."

Miss Clark was smiling entertained by some private joke and as soon as Magna left on the elevator, she motioned Caliope to join her at the Kitchen. As she poured herself a glass of fresh juice, and offered Caliope another, she smiled warmly at her.

"Magna is a very smart woman, who I have come to know for a long time, and have worked with even longer. But she doesn't get along with my son. I also need a lot of help, and she is a bit sensitive with the fact that I wanted to hire someone else to help me and also be with my son."

Caliope understood quickly why Miss Clark was telling this to her, she must have heard Caliope asking Magna about her job, and also like her, noticed her tone. Miss Clark continued.