Chapter 45

"Shattered Memories"

As he put his hands on Caliope's head, she felt the darkness surround them. But this time it was different; she could feel him watching her through the darkness, she wasn't alone anymore. She was feeling him dig inside her head, it was like he was searching for something specific. She felt confused and tried to communicate with him.

'Gusion... what is happening?'

'Relax... I am trying to put order in your mind... it will help you later... just let me do my job... this will be over soon...'

And she could see herself in different scenarios of her past; different memories of her, all flying pass through her. It was clear now that he was looking for something specific and she felt invaded for the first time. She knew he was going to find what he was looking for sooner or later, she didn't know what it was, but she was afraid of what he would do with that information once he found it. His hands moving as if he was passing pages of a book while he dig deeper.

Suddenly she started to see some of her earlier memories, before she met Amra, Elaine and Pronab; she saw Gusion dig to her earlier years and as some of them passed in front of her, suddenly they were gone. She could see something from her past fly by then she forgot what she had seen, or even if she really saw something. She started to feel scared and confused, her head was spinning and she lifted both hands to cover her eyes; she heard Gusion grunt and become upset, he was in a rush and angrier by the second.

'Don't block yourself! You are making it worst! Let me do my job and this will be over soon... I promise...'

She could hear him clearly but she felt he was damaging her more than helping her; she started shaking her head and closing her eyes tighter as thorn ivies started to grow around her like protective walls and she opened her eyes to find Gusion angry trying to reach her. She felt more of her memories started to be erased, causing a sharp pain and she became angrier at him, the more he would erase, the bigger her rage grew and she started to become aware of what she was doing to him; she willed the thorns to grab him and squeeze him, and she watched in awe how they obeyed. He reflected panic at the sight of her powers.

'Bad... bad... very bad... you are making it worst...'

'What are you doing?! Let me go! I am trying to help you!'

She started to grow stronger as her anger grew against him; it became only more intense as he continued to dig in her memories and erased selected ones. The ivy thorns became a prison for him and he grew aware of the limitations of his own powers; she was taking over her own mind again and it was faster than what it took him to do something about it. Then the light surrounded them, Amra appeared and looked in shock the unrealistic scene, Caliope looked at him a little confused but did not react against him.

'Love... what did you do to Gusion...?'

'She has gone crazy! Save me!'

'You... do I know you...?'

'Love?'

Caliope was looking at him and she felt him familiar, but she hadn't recognized him. Gusion had erased memories of him as well. Amra looked at both back and forth and knew there was no much time left for Gusion before she completely trapped him down, the ivies were up to his throat and he was immobilized.

'Leave me alone...!' She cried and the ivies started to squeeze Gusion tighter, he was screaming with desperation and Amra gave a step closer to her, trying cautiously not to make her angrier, seen she was screaming at Gusion and not at him. She dropped to her knees and covered her shaking head.