Hiding The Flu - 5SOS

I stared at my reflection in the mirror. I looked horrible. I had large bags under my eyes and I looked pale and slightly green. I was sick. I reached up to my forehead to check for a fever. My forehead was hot. I wanted nothing more than for someone to take care of me. However, my brother, Calum, and his friends were all doctors, so if I were to tell him, I'd have needles in my arms and drugs in my veins quicker than I could let out a cough or two. I put on my makeup and grabbed my shoes and walked out into the kitchen to grab some breakfast before going to the mall to hang out with my friends. Calum was supposed to drive me there. I grabbed a bagel off the counter and was in the middle of spreading cream cheese on it when I let out an body-rattling cough. Calum was leaning against the island in our kitchen, so of course he heard this. He looked up from his phone, raised his eyebrow in suspicion, and then let his eyes flick back to his phone. I quickly finished putting the cream cheese on the bagel and took a bite, which I was going to spit out in a moment. There's nothing going down into this stomach, for if there were, it would make a disgusting reappearance a few moments from now. I pretend to eat a bit more, just in case Calum was watching me and then sneakily slip the rest into the trash. I then let out a loud sneeze, making snot shoot all over my hand. "That is disgusting." I mutter to myself as I wipe it off. I turn around and see Calum leaning against the counter with his arms crossed, his phone now in his pocket. "Have something you would like to tell me?" He asked. I wiped my nose with the back of my hand and shook my head. "If you're sure." Calum shrugged. "I'm sure." I replied. "Alright. I'll grab my shoes." He said, tossing me his car keys. "Okay." I said, heading out to the car. I slowly buckled up as my stomach gurgled. I felt bile rising in my throat but I quickly swallowed it back down. "Gross." I murmured. Calum came out of the house, and I noticed he had his stethoscope around his neck- the sliver metal sticking out from his black t-shirt. "What's with the doctor stuff?" I asked as he got into the car. "I thought it was your day off." I said, frowning. "It is. I just feel like I'll have to go to the clinic sometime today." Calum shrugged. "What?" I questioned. "Just have a feeling." Calum answered. "Alright." I replied suspiciously.

We arrived at the mall and I got out of the car slowly. Calum was grabbing his backpack so I don't think he noticed. We got into the mall and met up with our- Well, Calum's friends. Luke, Michael and Ashton. They were the friends that Calum owned a clinic with and they were like my older brothers. "Do you want anything from Starbucks? I'm going to grab something." Luke asked. I shook my head. "Wow, you must be sick or something." Michael laughed. "I've never heard you turn down Starbucks before." He said, jokingly placing his hand on my forehead. I couldn't move away, they would know something was wrong. Michael went silent and he and Calum shared a look. They knew. I'd better distract them. "Well, uh.. I wanna go to.. Topshop." I said quickly. "Okay, let's go." Ashton said. We walked though the mall, me lagging a bit behind thanks to my bubbling stomach. I knew I was going to be sick, and soon. I went into the bathroom and picked a stall. I crouched down over the toilet and let all the food I had in my body make a gross reappearance in the porcelain bowl in front of me. I had tears filling my eyes as I kept throwing up. With shaky hands I tried to pull my hair up into a bun but it was hard to accomplish with me heaving over the toilet every couple of seconds. There was a break where I wasn't throwing up as often and so i gave up. I pulled out my phone and texted Ashton. It read "Ashton, I'm in the girls bathroom and I can't stop throwing up, please come help me."

Ashton's POV:

"Hey you guys I just got a text from Y/N." I said, looking at my phone. "It says 'I'm in the girls bathroom and I can't stop throwing up, please come help me.'" I read aloud. "I knew she was sick." Calum said. "She was coughing and sneezing earlier." He explained. "She turned down Starbucks too." Luke pointed out. "And when I felt her forehead she had a fever." Michael said.
"Right. I'll go get her, you guys get the car, let's take her to the clinic." Calum said. Michael, Luke and I nodded.