Physical - 5SOS

request for @luke_is_mine121 -hope you feel better love

Lily's POV:

"You've been sick for 4 days now. You need to see the doctor." My roommate Alexandra told me. "I. Am. Fine." I said, my voice almost completely gone. "No, you're not." She said. In my mind, I knew I was really sick. She was probably right and I probably did need to see the doctor, but that wasn't going to happen. I hate doctors. I'm kind of afraid of them, actually. I hate how they know more about my body than I do and I hate knowing when they have to examine me there's nothing I can do to stop it.

"You keep missing classes! You're really sick Lily. Can you please just go to see Doctor Hemmings?" Alex asked. "Who's that?" I asked. "He's the on campus doctor." She said. I sighed. College was hard and if you got sick you better hurry up and get better otherwise you'll be slammed with extra work. "We have exams coming up! You need to get better." Alexandra told me. "You're starting to sound like Hermione Granger." I said, referring to Harry Potter. "I'll take it. I mean she punched Draco in the face and kept Harry and Ron alive. So, as of right now I am your own personal Hermione Granger." Alex replied. I rolled my eyes.

"You're going to see the doctor whether you like it or not." She said. I groaned and pulled the covers up further on my freezing body. "You're not gonna make me leave. I'm so comfy." I replied. "Who said anything about leaving?" Alexandra smirked. "Huh?" Now I was just confused. I shrugged it off, ate another cough drop and went back to sleep.

*30 minutes later*

I heard rustling and some people talking in hushed voices. It sounded like Alexandra and some other voice I couldn't recognize, but it was a guy's voice. "Where is she?" I heard the guy say. I also noticed his voice had a nice Australian touch to it. "She's on the couch, sleeping. I don't really know why she refused, but thanks for coming." Alexandra replied. Was I about to be kidnapped or something? "It was no problem. It's been a slow day in the office anyways." The male voice said again. "Okay. I'm going to wait in the other room." Alex said. "Sounds good."

What was going on?! I heard someone put something down and a chair being pulled over to where I was lying on the couch. "Hey, can you wake up for me, love?" I heard the guy say. He also shook me slightly. I opened my eyes and saw a guy sitting in the chair next to me. He had blonde hair that was styled upwards into a quiff, a lip ring and piercing blue eyes that somewhat matched his scrubs. Wait... Scrubs?! I realized quickly what was going on. "Are you-" I started to ask. "Yeah, I'm Doctor Hemmings- you can call me Luke." He replied, reading my mind. "Uh... What are you doing here?" I asked, sitting up. "You should lie back down. I'm here to check you out because I've heard that you've been really sick the past couple of days." He replied.

"Uh, I think I'm fine." I said, silently plotting to strangle Alexandra once I was better. "If you were, would I be here?" Luke asked. "Ummm... No?" I said. "Well, let's get started then. What's your name?" I shrunk back further into the couch as I knew an examination was coming soon. "Lily." I replied. "Nice to meet you, Lily. I'm the on campus doctor." Luke said. I bit my lip, trying to keep from freaking out. "I'm just going to do a basic exam and probably a strep test. Let me just pull up your records..." Luke told me, pulling his laptop out of his bag and opening it. It was silent for a moment while Luke peered at his computer screen.

I saw him furrow his eyebrows. "When was the last time you had a physical, Lily?" He asked, looking up from his laptop. I knew this question would come up and I had not been looking forward to it. "Uh.. 3 years ago?" I said. "Really? You know, you're really supposed to get one every year. I guess I'll take care of that too." Luke said, typing something really quickly.

"Any health problems I should know about before I start?" Luke asked. "No." I replied. "Alright then. Lay down for me." Luke told me. I was getting really nervous now. I tried not to think about it. "I'm going to listen to your heart and lungs. Is it okay if I pull up your shirt? You can leave your bra on." Luke said. I nodded. Whatever would make this end quicker.  "Okay, cool." He said. I felt the blanket being pulled down and my shirt being tugged up. "Just take some deep breaths, yeah?" He said. As soon as the cold metal touched my chest I started to breath harder and faster.