Severe Case - 5SOS/1D

Requested by JenniXCX

*** WARNING EATING DISORDER TRIGGER**

Jennifer's POV:

I unlaced my cleats before I stepped on the scale. It was hard because my fingers were shaking. I hadn't been eating very well recently- I had completely forgotten about the fitness testing that my soccer coaches, Niall and Liam had arranged for the team because they wanted us to be fast and fit for the finals. I took off my shinguards and socks and slowly stepped onto the scale. I saw the number and my heart plummeted. I was getting heavy. I needed to lose weight, and fast. Niall tapped the scale to make sure the reading was accurate. He frowned as he wrote down the numbers. I nearly died from embarrassment.

I couldn't stop thinking about it for the rest of practice. I forced myself to run faster, harder, longer. I needed to loose that weight. And I needed to soon. When I got home, Louis, my big brother- was wondering why I was so upset. I told him that one of the girls on my team had been a bitch. I went up to my room without dinner. As I did for the next four nights. I knew I shouldn't be doing this, but I didn't want to risk getting kicked off the team. I couldn't. I had worked so hard to get here, I couldn't stop because of my weight. I began to count calories, fats, sodium, everything. Every time I saw food my stomach would ache, but then I would mentally slap myself, telling myself no.

I got to the point where I was eating under 500 calories a day. I had lost a considerable amount of weight.
And I still wasn't happy. I was worried Louis would find out. He eyed my baggy shirts suspiciously and always had a confused look on his face when I would turn down his hugs.

Two weeks had past and it was time for fitness training again. Liam weighed me this time and his eyebrows furrowed when he saw the number on the scale. "That's odd." Liam said, tapping the scale just as Niall had done. "What is?" I asked. "Well, according to this scale you've lost a good amount of weight since we weighed you last." He replied. "Must be broken." Liam shrugged. "Must be." I murmured.

I headed out to the pitch and Niall was waiting for me, along with the rest of my team. "Alright, girls. Start off with 4 laps around the field, go!" Niall said and we set off. I started out good but I got slower and slower as my energy wore thin.

Niall's POV:

I was watching the girls take their laps around the field when Liam came walking up to me. "Anyone to be concerned about?" I asked. "Jennifer. She's lost over 20 pounds since you weighed her last time. "What? Really?" I asked. "Yeah. Either that or the scale is broken." Liam replied. "We'll have to talk to her." I said. "Too late." Liam said, jogging away from me. I looked to where he was running and I saw Jennifer, on the ground, unconscious. "Bloody hell." I muttered to myself, jogging over to where she was lying in the grass. I noticed the girls had slowed down and looked back at Jennifer, to see if she was okay. I motioned for them to keep running while Liam and I took her into the infirmary.

Jennifer's POV:

I slowly opened my eyes and took in my surroundings. Why was I in the infirmary? I realized I must have fainted from lack of nutrients. I noticed Louis talking to Liam and Niall in their office, which had a window into thee infirmary. Louis was looking down, with his arms folded while Liam spoke to him.

After 5 or so minutes they had finished their conversation. Louis came into the infirmary. He sat down on the edge of the gurney that I was lying on. "You lost 20 pounds and fainted. What's going on?" He asked.

"Nothing. I just didn't get enough sleep last night and I've just been eating healthier." I replied. "No. That's a lie. Don't lie to me, Jennifer. You have anorexia." He said. "No I don't!" I said, sitting up. "Then explain the sudden weight loss and the fact that I can see your ribs when I pull up your shirt!" Louis said harshly, pushing me back down. I closed my eyes and let the tears run free.

"I'm sending you to get help. At a clinic. Niall recommended it to me. Some of his friends work there." Louis told me. I sighed knowing there was nothing I could do about this.

*a week later*

Calum's POV:

"Jennifer Tomlinson. 15 years old, in for severe anorexia." I read off the clipboard. My eyes flicked to the girl sitting on the examination table. She sat with her hands in her lap, she mindlessly picked away at her nails as she eyed the instruments I had set out to examine her nervously.

"I'm Dr. Hood. You can call me Calum." I told her with a smile. She didn't look at me. "Let's get started then." I said. I wrapped the blood pressure cuff around Jennifer's arm, placed the end of my stethoscope on the crook of her elbow and inflated the cuff. "It's low." I muttered to myself, writing down her blood pressure on the clipboard. I told Jennifer to lie down and she slowly did as I asked. I unbuttoned the top of the gown and pulled it down to her hips, leaving her bra on, I placed the end of my stethoscope over her chest. I looked into her eyes and found that she wasn't looking at me. I returned the my stethoscope to the place around my neck.

I felt around her stomach quickly and the buttoned the gown back up. Jennifer wasn't healthy. I hope she starts eating again soon. She was too beautiful for this.

Jennifer's POV:

Weeks went by, I still hated myself, I still didn't eat. Dr. Hood was put on my case along with Dr. Hemmings- who was the nutritionist here. Both seemed nice, but I never said anything while they examined me. That's another thing. The exams. I was examined every other day or so, sometimes even everyday. No matter how hard they tried, I wasn't going to eat- at least not a lot.

My nurse took me to the exam room that I had grown so used to seeing. Same motivational pictures, same bright yellow wallpaper, same happy expression that the nurse wore. Calum was waiting for me, but this time, I saw a hypodermic resting on the tray as well. I froze and looked to Calum. "I'm not getting a shot." I told him. "Sorry, it's necessary." He replied, lifting me onto the table. He pulled on gloves and picked up the needle. "I'm not getting a shot." I repeated. Calum sighed. He opened the door. "Luke? I need your help." He called. Doctor Hemmings walked in a moment later. I realized he was going to try to hold me still. "I'm not getting I shot!" I screamed. "You need to gain weight Jennifer. Another day like this and you could've passed out again. But this time it could've been life threatening." Calum told me.

"Fine! I don't care if it's life threatening! I need to be pretty!" I yelled, thrashing around. "You already are." Luke said. "You're lying! I'm fat!" I didn't stop moving. "You are almost 30 pounds underweight! You are not fat!" Calum replied. "YES I AM!" I sobbed.

"No, you aren't. I need you to listen to me Jennifer." Calum said, gripping my shoulders. I wiped my tears with the back of my hand and sniffed. "You're extremely underweight. You are not fat and you never were. From your medical records, I found that you have always been on the lower side of the normal weight for your height. Skinny doesn't always mean healthy. You don't want this to affect your soccer skills do you?" He asked. I shook my head and sniffed again. "See? You're already a very beautiful young girl and you definitely can't afford to loose anymore weight." Calum tried to reason with me. "I can't do this. I'm so used to not eating." I replied. "We'll help you. It all starts for with that shot that Calum's hidingIt's gonna be okay." Luke said. I took a deep breath and nodded.

Calum wiped my arm and stuck the needle in. I flinched a little bit but the pain wasn't too bad. He quickly injected the medicine into my bloodstream and pulled it out. He put a band-aid over the puncture hole and pulled off his gloves. Luke gave me a hug. It felt good to not be worried about people feeling my ribs when we hugged anymore.

*2 months later*

"Good to have you back, Jennifer." Liam smiled at me. "Good to be back." I sighed happily. After a lot of counseling and a few setbacks, Calum and Luke helped me push through my eating disorder, and now I was back where I belonged. On the field.

A/N: IM SO SORRY THE ENDIMG WAS SO CHEESY BUT I AM A CHEESY GIRL SO IDK MAN

On a more serious note- like I said in my last imaging about eating disorders, if you are suffering from an eating disorder, please don't sit around and let it get worse. Get some help. There are people you can talk to, hotlines you can call, even just pm me if you need to. Please take care of yourselves.

-erin