Trypanophobia - 5SOS

Trypanophobia: fear of needles

Michael's POV:

I flipped on the lights in the waiting room- And the exam rooms, and everywhere else in the clinic that Luke, Calum, Ashton and I owned. Us four boys had graduated from uni together and gone on to med school, where we each graduated about a year ago. That was just the home life though. We also had a band. 5 Seconds Of Summer has taken off a few years back and we wanted a fall back career in case things fell apart.

Anyways, we were headed on tour soon so we needed physicals. I was taking care of Ashton's, he had Calum's, Calum did Luke's and Luke would be doing mine. We'd never done a physical on each other before, only small things like a sprained ankle or strep throat. I wasn't really nervous to get mine done, as I've always tried to eat relatively well and exercise when I could force myself to get up. I think Ashton was a bit nervous- I could tell by the way he was biting his lip and fidgeting with the tools.

Pretty soon everything was set up and Luke was sitting in a patient gown on the exam bed. Ashton and I left the room and sat down behind the receptionists desk. Ashton was working on his computer and I was going over everything a physical consisted of in m mind.

Calum's POV:

"Take some deep breaths." I told Luke. He did as I said and I moved the cold end of the stethoscope around on his chest. I listened to Luke's heartbeat and lungs before wrapping the blood pressure cuff around his left arm. I placed the end just over the crook of Luke's elbow and inflated the cuff. "120 over 80." I reported. "Good to hear." Luke replied. I pulled the thermometer out of the drawer and placed the end in his ear.

It beeped and I pulled it out to check the reading. I frowned as I saw it was 100.2. "Oi, Luke. You've got a bit of a fever." I said. "Really? How bad is it?" He asked. "Not that bad." I replied. "We'll just have to watch it." Luke nodded. "Lie down, mate." I told him. He lay back, the sanitary paper making a loud crunching noise. I pressed on his stomach, asking if he had pain and he shook his head.

The rest of the Luke's physical went pretty quickly. I checked to see if he was due for an update on any shots and it turns out, he was. He was due for a tetanus booster as well as the flu shot. I called for Michael and told him to get the injections ready. Michael returned about 5 minutes later with the two capped syringes on a tray. I pulled on some gloves and started wiping off Luke's arm. "Which one are you doing first?" Luke asked. "Tetanus." I replied, picking up the needle and uncapping it. "Deep breath, Luke." I told him before sticking the needle into his skin. I quickly injected the drugs and did the same with the flu shot.

Luke quickly got dressed, rubbing his sore arms from the shots. Now it was Michael's turn to get his physical done. I went to call for him while Luke got ready.

Michael's POV:

"Oi, Mike. Your turn." Calum said, nodding his head to the exam room. I stood up and walked into the exam room where Luke tossed me a clean gown. I pulled off my shirt and pants, and put on the gown. I threw them to the side and took a seat on the exam table.

"You ready, Mikey?" Luke asked. "Yeah." I replied. "Alright." Luke pulled the stethoscope away from his neck and put the ends in his ears. "You know the drill." Luke laughed. I nodded and took some deep breaths. "Woah, your lungs don't sound very good. Are you coming down with something?" He asked. "I think so." I replied. "Hang on. Let me take your temperature." Luke said, grabbing the thermometer and placing the end in my ear. We waited for the reading to come up and Luke read it out loud. "104.4. You've definitely got something, Mike." Luke said. 104.4 was not good. My fever was high and I had crap in my lungs. "What do I have, doctor?" I laughed. "Bronchitis. I think." Luke replied. "Bronchitis? Fuck." I sighed laying down on the table. "I can't perform with bronchitis! We're gonna be running around and singing and playing!" I groaned. "You'll be fine, Michael. Just take some antibiotics." Luke replied. "But tour starts on Friday!" I pointed out. "Guess you better rest up then." Luke said. "Ugh, fine." I sighed.