Chapter 2

Jordan's POV

S.
I needed to do something.
A.
But... what?
V.
I've never felt this much loneliness...
E.
I found something out about myself.
T.
I had never been this lost.
H.
They are all I had left.
E.
And I was NOT going to let them slip away.
M.
No, not this time.
(Hidden message, can you guess it? Also~, where's that message from?)

Tom's POV

It was mass chaos outside of Jordan's house. They lived in a shabby apartment building, ran by the stereotypical fat guy who wore a white tank top that was stained.
Out of all of the people, Jordan, who was the nicest guy I've ever met, had such an awful start to life.
In a sense, he had never at a normal life.
But, neither had any of us.
Outside, Mianitees and Dianitees rioted and fought against each other.
"DIANITE IS A TEAM FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T KNOW WHAT'S GOOD FOR EM'!" A guy yelled.
"GOODBYE, GOODIE TWO SHOES!" Another person yelled, which was followed by a gunshot.
"I didn't know Jordan was from the ghetto!" Tucker teased. (HAD TO DO IT.)
I chuckle a bit, and redirect my attention to the screen.
"I'm scared, mommy!" Jordan whispered to his mom, hugging her. (I never told you guys his age in this flashback thingy! He's 5, currently.)
"It's going to be ok." she replies soothingly.
His step dad was at his job as a supermarket cashier, and his mom's job was a job at McDonald's. (I'm not trying to be rude, just naming some low-paying jobs that I can think of off the top of my head.)
Suddenly, the door busted open, opening to his step dad.
"Why are people mad?" Jordan asked him, once he stepped inside and shut the door and locked it.
"It's a never ending war between Mianitees and Dianitees, Jordan. Never ending..." he replied, sighing at the end.
"Oh..." he said, looking sad. "Why are they fighting?"
"No one knows."
"Then what's the reason to fight?"
"HE IS THE SMARTEST 5 YEAR OLD ALIVE." Sonja confirmed, making everyone laugh.
"You're different, kid. Mix between Mianite and Dianite. Don't ever let anyone tell ya otherwise."
"Ok!" He chirped, grinning.
He runs off to his bedroom, and his step dad sits behind Grace, aka his mom.
"How can a kid keep high spirits when there's World War III happening outside." He sighs.
"I don't know. He most definitely isn't a Dianitee, and he isn't a Mianitee. I'm curious, sometimes, I wish his God would confirm what team he is."
"What if he's neither?"
"What do you mean?"
"Remember the goddess, Ianite?"
"Yeah? Isn't she a myth?"
"She can be real."
"Well, even if she is real, I doubt Jordan is on her team. It's rare if a person's on her team."
"Fair point."
After a while, they headed off to bed.
Then, the camera zoomed in on the outside.
"GIVE ME ALL YOUR MONEY, OR I'LL BLOW UP THE WHOLE BUILDING!" A guy said, holding a gun against Jordan's apartment building's manager's head.
"IT'S NOT IN THERE!" He rages.
"Alright, you asked for it." the armed guy spat.
He threw sticky bombs on the building, and smacked a button.
The camera quickly cut back to Jordan, who was wide awake.
He was surrounded by a purple colored shield, and his eyes widened as he heard he first explosion.
"MOMMY, WAKE UP!" He yells, panicked.
But it was too late.
Debris flew all around, chunks of rocks, flying directly at him.
All he did was scream.
But, nothing went through the orb.
Someone, or something, was protecting him.
After the explosion has finished, the air was covered with a thick smoke, and Jordan, lying in the middle of the debris, was untouched.
Perfectly unharmed.
Quickly, his arm was grabbed, being pulled away.
He was held by the man in which murdered his mom and step dad.
A gun against his head.
"REVEAL YOUR MONEY OR ELSE I'LL BLOW THIS KID'S BRAINS OUT!" He insisted.
"Wait. Kid, didn't you used to live there?" The manager questioned.
Shakily, Jordan nodded.
"How did you live, and you don't even have a single scratch!" He continues, staring in awe.
"Reveal the money. Or else this kid's gonna pay for ya."
"Fine! Follow me." The manager gave in, leading him to a house. He walked in, opened a medicine cabinet, and gave him wads of cash.
"Now, let the kid go." the manager insisted, and the guy dropped Jordan.
"Cya, suckers!"
The manager led Jordan out of his house, and asked, "Wasn't your mom Grace? Grace Maron?"
"Yeah..." Jordan slowly replied.
"The only reason why you lived there even though your mother forgot to pay rent was the fact that, I, liked her. Now, I have her offspring in my hands?" He says, growing a psychotic look at the end.

----

DUN DUN DUUUUUUUUN!
Ok, this is super fun to write!
Are you guys enjoying it so far?
Anyways, *strums Mexican guitar the slaps Color on the face with it*
HEHEH
PEACE!
~Smart