Chapter 1

I'm excited about posting because because I absolutely loved writing it! It took me less than two days to put the whole 5.4k chapter together :)

Let me know what you think of it throughout the story and make sure you read the end notes !

Happy reading :D

--

"So tell me again what we're going to do this summer?"

Harry turns his head to stare at Niall over his sunglasses.

"Nothing. We're doing absolutely nothing."

"That's exactly what I wanted to hear." Niall smirks and leans back in his lounge chair.

Barbara huffs in disagreement. "We've been doing nothing for the past week and I'm positive I might be coming down with sunstroke."

"Oh, don't be so dramatic Barb, we just graduated less then a week ago. We deserve this." Harry says as he reaches over to grab his drink from the table.

"Harry, please. We both know that by 'doing nothing' you mean sitting around the pool all day drinking your mojitos and ogling the new pool boy from a distance."

The three of them turn their heads at the same time towards the mentioned person, who's currently bending over with the skim net, trying to retrieve whatever fell and didn't belong in the pool.

"He's not even a pool boy - I mean, look at those tattoos. He's a pool man. A fit pool man." Harry says, not taking his eyes off of him.

His dad had hired Zayn two weeks prior when they finally took down the pool cover. Besides summer, the reason for uncovering the pool (the reason his father wasn't aware of - Harry had told him that he wanted the pool uncovered and maintained because summer was about to begin and he wanted a few more weeks of relaxation before Uni) was the post-graduation party Harry threw and invited more than half of the people in his year.

A party which resulted with the damaging of their glass coffee table in the living room, the window in his father's room, and a whole in the wall in the hallway downstairs.

Blame Harry for thinking he would be cool if he 'went out with a bang', as Niall had put it, so he threw the party when his father wasn't home. As soon as he came home though, and saw the chaotic state his house was in, he immediately retired his promise to buy Harry a car if he gets into Uni.

"If you want a car, you're going to have to find a job and save up, because after the stunt you pulled yesterday, I'm not going to give you a single penny this summer." His father had told him when he sat him down in the kitchen as soon as he came home.

"What about Uni? How will I live in Salford if you don't-"

"I will pay for your education and housing, but I will not encourage your rebellious behavior."

Harry rolled his eyes at the expression. Honestly, with his good grades, perfect behavior (well, at least to his father's knowledge), and the hours he's spent studying instead of partying, he's been a goody-two-shoes all his life.

So after a long lecture about why what Harry did was completely wrong, his father had announced that he's leaving for a business trip to Paris in two days and that he should call his mother in case he wanted to go spent some time during the vacation at her home in Holmes Chapel.

And now here he is; sitting on a lounger with his best friends, sipping Mojitos (because apparently Zayn - even his name sounded good – also knew how to bartend and mix up a few drinks) and ogling the fit pool boy.