Chapter Four : At Her foot

Authors note: I wanna ask you guys, like are you liking the story or not, like I'm feeling something odd, This was the story I was hell excited of, I know its very early to judge. But I'm thinking of dropping this story off.  As see NO comments at all. And the votes are also too less. what do I do?

_________

It was the next afternoon when Karishma was being discharged from the hospital, Pushpa ji and Cheetah took care of the formalities while Santu helped her pack up. As Karishma steps out of the hospital, the world outside felt different. The sun is bright, the air crisp, but there's a weight in her chest she can't shake off. Her thoughts keep circling back to Haseena, to the loss she's been grappling with, and to the suspension that now feels like a punishment for something beyond her control.

She's walking towards her jeep, determined to go back to the police station despite the suspension, when she notices a commotion nearby. A crowd has gathered around a local politician's convoy, He walked with the smug smile. The world knew about their enmity, that started almost two years back.

"Urhmm... Suna hai suspension hua hai, Kadak Karishma singh ka? Bohot bura hua, nai?" He looked back at his PA who didn't acknowledge his comments that was passed for Karishma.

Karishma smiled back, looking straight into his eyes, "Ha sir, wo ka hai na, imandari ki khadar nai hai, humare jila main, aap jo hai,"

The politician, Shrikamal Chandra shifted in his place, but he composed, "aur ye bhi suna tha ki tumari wo Doctor sahiba bhi nipat gayi, accident mein. Ye tho bohot hi bura hua. Hai na?" He touched the topic he shouldn't have.

Karishma raged and caught his collar, pulling him close to her, "Apni gandi zuban se, Uska zikr bhi math karna, waise bhi suspension hua hai, ab uska istemal hone math do, elections arahe hai, isi liye charity ke naam pe aye ho na idar, to wahi karo. Warna-"

"Karishma madam, chodiye, media hai, please" Santu held her from the waist and pulled her back. They walked to the jeep and settled making sure that no media put up the clips that had occurred just now. Karishma sat in the back seat huffing, how good it was Haseena was just there with her?

She closed her eyes as the police vehicle rolled towards her home, Haseena's home.

~~~

It was peek summer and Karishma was on field work, because of elections. She had been happy rectly with Haseena, they had grown close, not as lovers but someone who knew each other, a little bit if not completely. Picking up dropping her off, buying her chocolates, tulips and such likes. And then she was here in the hot sun working, in the excitement of meeting Haseena and go out with her.

She heard a loud honk and she went to check up the car as of precautions. And that was the same politician, Shri Kamal Chandra.

"Hum mantri ji hai, aur tum hamari gadi check karogi daroga ji?" He questioned rolling down his car window glass.

Karishma chuckled, "Apki hi tho sabse pehele check karna hoga, kya pata kya le ke jarehe hai?"

Kamal got out of the car and stood taller in front of her, "Zara dariye humse Daroga ji, pata chala ki kal apki noukri hi na rahe? hai na?"

"Dare mere joothe tujhse, waise wo bhi kyu dare, daroga ji ke joothe hai." She giggled, "apna kaam kar rahi hu, tho kahe dare? Zyada se zyada ka karoge, mere transfer?  Ya tho mujhe suspend kar doge?" She chuckled, "Uska matlab tho yehi hua na, ki tum, TUM mujhse dar gaye." She pointed her index finger at him and said.