Chapter 4

Kaitlyn's POV

I stood there in shock.......pure shock.

"Umm Riker the door's for you," I choke, and slowly walk backwards.

Riker's POV

Kaitlyn's face was in shock not terror, so it couldn't have been Bill. I walked to the door, and look outside. My jaw dropped in surprise.

I came face to face with all of my siblings, and Ratliff.

"How.....What.....Why," I groan.

"It's nice to see you too big brother," Rydel smiled, and hugged me.

"Aren't you gonna invite us in," Ross smirked. I stepped back and motioned for them to come in. They all piled in, and lounged on our couches.

"How did you get here? Why are you here? And," I paused, "Are mom and dad with you?"

"Well," Ryland explained, "We got here by train. No mom and dad aren't with us."

"And we're here because you and Kaitlyn need family," Ratliff added.

"H-How did you know we'd be here," Kaitlyn stutter, and walked to my side.

"Well I read Riker's note to mom and dad," Rocky smiled, "And I thought why not. We could use a vacation."

"Did you not see the we could die part," I growled. Rocky nodded.

"What's a life worth living if it's not on the edge," Rocky smiled.

"Quit quoting songs this is serious," I argued, "I'm sending you all home."

"Aww why?" Ross whined.

"You could all die," I yelled.

Kaitlyn's POV

I jumped when Riker yelled. I have never seen him so mad. I put my hand on his shoulder, and he gave me a calming look.

"Riker's right," I added, "As much as I love seeing all of you this is my fight, not yours. If any of you got hurt or killed I wouldn't be able to live with myself."

"Kaitlyn we know there's a possibility of us getting hurt," Rydel pleaded, "But you're like a sister to us, and we just want to help you like Riker is."

"You could've helped us by staying home," Riker growled. Riker sat in the recliner and rubbed his temples. "What am I going to do?" He groaned.

"You could start by feeding us, and telling us where we're going to sleep," Ryland smiled, trying to lighten the mood.

"Yeah we camped out last night, and we haven't eaten anything since the train." Ross added. Riker groaned again, and leaned back in the recliner.

"Fine!" Riker yelled, "You can all stay for the night, but tomorrow you're all going back home." I squeezed Riker's shoulder and he gave me a weak smile.

"Okay so there are 6 rooms so two of us will have to double up," I announced.

"Kaitlyn," Riker blurted, "We'll share your room." I nodded in approval, and we showed them to their rooms.

Ross got Riker's room since it's right across from mine. And I say that because Ross gets nightmares, and they're really bad ones. Ryland and Rydel get the other two rooms upstairs. Rocky gets a the room on the main floor, and Ratliff gets the basement.

After they get settled in, we all meet back in the living room to watch some TV. I sit next to Ross on the couch, and Riker comes up behind me.

"There's an office upstairs," he informed, "I'm going to see if there are any trains to LA tomorrow. If so i'm going to buy some tickets."

"Sounds like a plan," I agreed, and Riker disappeared upstairs.

"This is a nice house," Rydel beamed.

"Yeah it is, the basements huge," Ratliff exclaimed.

"My rooms the best," Ryland bragged.

"Actually my room is the best," I chuckled, "It is the master bedroom after all." They all giggled at my remark, and then Ross hugged me. "What was that for," I asked.

"I don't know. I'm just glad you and Riker are okay," he smiled softly, and my heart melted.

"Aww your such a sweetheart Baby Shor," I chuckled, and hugged him.

"I missed you too Kaitlyn," Ryland smiles, and gives me a hug.

"Thanks RyRy you're the best," I smiled, and hugged both Ross and Ryland.

"Group hug," Rocky yelled. The next thing I knew I was in the middle of a group hug. I have never felt so loved in my life.

"You guys are sweet," I smiled, "Now go away before I start crying happy tears." They all laughed and released me. That's when I realized that Riker had participated in the group hug. Riker noticed my gaze, and he came over to me.

"I felt kind of left out so I joined," He chuckled. "Are you guys hungry?" Riker asked his siblings.

"Yes I'm starving," Rydel blurted. Everyone else nodded in agreement.

"Well there's leftover breakfast in the kitchen go stuff yourself," Riker laughed, as his siblings and friend ran into the kitchen. "I'll admit it," Riker sighed, "I hate that they're here, but i'm happy to see them."

"I agree I love your family," I chuckled, "Especially, your adopted brother Ellington." Riker smiled at then kissed my cheek.

Man I love this family.

_____________________

There you go. How did you like the plot twist, were you surprised? The picture above is the furniture in the living room. So it's just the furniture not the entire living room.

Okay just so there isn't any confusion, here are the ages of the characters in the book.

Riker: 18
Kaitlyn: 18
Ratliff : 17
Rydel: 17
Rocky: 16
Ross: 13
Ryland: 12

Don't forget to..

Comment & Vote

-Sydney