Untitled pt. 6

If Luke were home alone he probably would have punched a wall, smashed a window and kicked their bed out of its place. He felt anger flood over him as he heard Maya's heels clicking outside until the sound of a car door closing reached his ears. He had his palms curled into fists as he was leaning against the doorframe, eyes closed, attempting to get his breathing down to at least close to normal. He heard his son happily splash around in the bathtub, so he closed the bedroom door as he grabbed one of the pillows and threw it across the room.

Maya felt guilt rising in her chest as she walked toward Harry's car, but it was fast gone, when she remembered the little bruises someone left on her husband's body. She got in a car with a smile on her face as she greeted Harry. He turned in his seat to face her a little better, 'Can I just quickly point out how beautiful you look tonight?'

Maya shot her head up to look at the man sitting beside her. She wasn't sure if he was joking or if he was giving her a serious compliment, because she kind of forgot how that felt like throughout the months. 'I – thank you, Harry.' She gave him a genuine smile, while she took his image in. He had his hair messily fall down in waves, wore a black shirt with black blazer over it, combined with black skinny jeans and boots. 'You cleaned up nicely, too.' She said with a smirk on her face. He laughed, starting the car and shaking his head slightly, his dimple appearing much deeper in the dim streetlight glow. Maya smiled and turned to face the road, Harry's dimple making a tingling feeling appear in her stomach.

Maya was surprised at how sophisticated Harry could be. She always noticed how polite he was, but she never actually saw the way he treated women when they didn't meet up in a park to walk around a playground. He opened the door for her, he pulled her chair back for her at the restaurant, he asked for her opinion on food and wine instead of making a decision himself, which a lot of men liked to do. She especially noticed that during A LOT of business meetings and work lunch with co-workers.

She found herself flirting with Harry way more than she planned to. But he just brought out that playful, flirty side of her, even though they managed to talk on a bunch of different topics – starting from their star signs and compatibility ending with the way music artists are treated more like a product than a human (she had a lot of experience from being with 5SOS guys throughout their whole journey to the top and he had experience because he was actually making the celebrities).

They spent over 3 hours in that restaurant and when she noticed the time she almost jumped out of her chair. 'Oh my God, I didn't realise it was so late.' She said suddenly, completely interrupting what Harry was saying. He glanced at a watch on his arm, 'Oh shit.' He cursed and she couldn't hold a smile at how inappropriate that sounded after he was so sophisticated the whole night. He giggled a little at himself, 'Sorry. I promised my babysitter I'll be back by 10.'

Harry paid for the meal, no matter how much Maya protested against it. 'You can pay the next time,' he said with a smile and a tiny wink.

When they pulled to Maya's driveway, both of them weren't entirely sure what to do. Should they hug? Should they kiss? Should they simply say bye and leave?

'So, see you around I guess?' she said looking up to him. She could barely make out his features in the darkness of his car. Suddenly she felt his soft finger brush against her cheek as his warm lips gently brushed against hers. She didn't move – she couldn't. And she wasn't sure she wanted to.

When Harry didn't feel her pull away, he slowly leaned in a bit more to press his lips more sternly to hers. She felt herself leaning in towards him a tiny bit, when her hand lifted up to his shoulders and gently took her lips off of his. 'I'm sorry, I don't think I can...'

Harry felt awful when he heard her tiny whisper. 'I'm so sorry – I didn't mean to push you.' He leaned away from her, his fingers longing the feeling of her soft skin against them. 'No, you didn't. I'm just – It's a little complicated.' She sighed as she lifter her eyes to meet his regretful gaze. 'Give me a little more time to process everything, okay?' She said placing her fingers on his knee. Harry smiled at her, 'That's exactly what I plan to do.' And with that she got out of the car.