Untitled pt. 7

She took a step back, biting her bottom lip a little, an apologetic look on her face, as Luke stared into her eyes not able to form words. He heard his wife and he really wanted to answer her – yes, I do, I really do. But she moved away from him. She stepped away from him and it was making his ears hum and his fingers tremble and his heart pound faster in his chest. He wanted her to touch his face, to kiss his lips, to whisper in his ear, to hold his hand. But she stepped away and Luke couldn't say anything with a dark fear of divorce clouding his brain.

'I do,' he felt his lips attempt to say, even though it was so quiet that for a moment Maya hesitated if he was actually saying something.

'Then show it to me.' She whispered back to him before taking her final look at her husband and going up the stairs to their bedroom.

As soon as she walked out Luke felt as if chains were cut off of his lungs and he could finally feel the oxygen flow through his system. He leaned onto the table, placing both of his palms on the cold surface, hanging his head in between them and breathing. He had to show her. She wanted him to show her how much he loves her. And so he will.

The next morning, or more like in three hours, when Maya woke up for work she found the bed empty next her. She just let a disappointed sigh from her lips as she shook her head slightly and went to the shower. When she walked out, not only was the bed made, but Luke was also sitting on the edge of it with a steaming cup of coffee in his hand. Maya stopped in her tracks to look at him – at first she wasn't sure if he slept in their bed, but after seeing him she wasn't sure if he slept at all that night. He was dressed in all black – black skinny jeans, plain black T-shirt, black converse and a beanie pulled over his head. He had his lips pursed, but still smiling a little one of his dimples showing slightly. He looked at her mumbling a soft good morning before tugging on his lip ring. She replied the same to him as she was eyeing him up and down with a suspicious look.

She walked towards the closet to get dressed and Luke was just about to say something when she took off her robe, tossing it on the ground, making Luke's words catch up in his throat, which made her smile wickedly at herself. After he let out a little cough and stopped staring at his wife's barely underwear-covered body, he started again. 'I made you some coffee.'

Maya turned around to face him, while zipping up her tight skirt at the back – still only wearing a bra on top. 'Is that for me?' she lifted her chin up to gesture at the cup in Luke's hand. He glanced down at the cup with a quick nod.

She went up to him, took the cup from his hand and took a few sips of coffee, never letting her gaze down from Luke's face. She was standing almost in between his legs, so close to him, he felt their knees touching, which made Luke's whole body tingle. She was the most beautiful woman alive and he couldn't believe he almost lost her to his own stupidity.

She was so happy with the way she was teasing and confusing her husband like that. Maya handed the cup back as she walked back to the closet to take out a shirt. 'Was it good?' she heard Luke say from the bed.

'What?' she asked as she turned around while buttoning up her shirt. Her hands were going up her shirt and Luke couldn't stop staring at how her fingers were coming up towards her bra, which he could still see through the undone part of the shirt. He gulped slightly before looking away. 'The coffee. Was it good?' he knew how seriously she took her coffee, but he also knew that he always made the best one – that's why back when they were still really close and they'd make breakfast together he was always on coffee duty.

'Of course it was good. You made it.' She said smiling up at him and pulling her heels on her feet. She walked over to the dresser putting her earrings in and taking out a necklace. But before she could put it on, she wanted to tease Luke a liiiitle bit more. 'Could you help me with this, please?' She asked him showing the necklace in her hand.