Untitled pt. 9 - FINALE

'I- baby-' he trailed down as he watched his wife fight back the angry tears. He wanted so badly to pull her in his arms and kiss the tears away. 'I didn't-' he started as he saw his wife bury her face in her palms, sniffling. 'Baby,' he addressed her quietly again, while attempting to wrap his arms around her, but she stepped away from him. He sighed a little, 'Babe, c'mon.' He said watching her. 'Just hear me out, okay? Come on.' He took her palms in his and away from her face so he could look in her eyes. 'I didn't cheat. I've never kissed anyone other than you, I swear. I've never had sex with anyone else either. I've never even been close to cheating, that's why it was so hard for me to hear you'd been kissing another man. That's why I left that night with a focus of finding someone to screw. But I didn't, I promise.'

'Don't fucking lie, you-' she started again through gritted teeth, but Luke cut her off.

'I didn't cheat!' he said perhaps a little too loud. 'I didn't cheat,' he repeated in a calmer tone, pulling his wife a step closer to him. 'I was in a bar stool and this girl just came up to me and started flirting. I was really mad at you, so I flirted with her too, but then she started coming on to me and she just started kissing my neck in between her whispers to my ear and I-' he sighed a little closing his eyes for a second before looking at his wife again. 'I know, I should have pushed her away and just left. But I felt so betrayed, I kind of wanted her to leave marks just so you would see them and-' he bit his lip a little, realising how selfish he was. 'I just wanted to make you jealous. I wanted to feel like you still wanted me.' He finished knowing damn well how pathetic and stupid it was.

She stared at him with an apathetic look in her eyes. 'You thought I didn't want you? You thought that me waiting up every fucking night for you to come home was a sign of me not wanting you? You think I was fighting to keep this marriage working because I didn't fucking want you?' she said, her voice full of frustration, her words coming out way harsher than she meant them to.

'I was scared, okay? I was scared I'll unintentionally do something to fuck us up and so I started to leave the house more, avoid you and distance myself from you.'

'You ruined our relationship, because you didn't want to ruin it?' she asked as if she couldn't believe what she was hearing. 'That is the single stupidest thing I have ever heard.'

'I know, baby, I know...' he said softly. 'But I thought it'd be easier if I did something intentionally. Like, if I wasn't so close to you anymore, I thought maybe that will make it easier for me if we broke up.'

'I can't fucking believe you.' She breathed out. 'You ruined a perfectly good marriage because you fucking had some sort of moment of paranoia that we will break up?!' she yelled, hot tears making their way down to her chin. 'You ruined me because you thought I was gonna hurt you?' she asked, her face crunching in question and disgust. He felt so guilty standing here in front of his crying wife as she took her hands out of his.

'I thought I wasn't good enough for you! I thought-' he breathed in harshly, 'I know you deserve someone better, but I knocked you up and you were forced to stay with me and I feel like you're settling. I didn't want to feel completely fucking empty when you realised that someone like that fucking dumbass Harry was better for you than me. That he would make a way better father for my own son, who also seems to think he's more fitting for you both than me.'

'What the hell are you talking about?' she asked with disbelief written all over her face. 'Your son absolutely adores you. I'm pretty sure one day I'll come home to find a Luke Hemmings poster on his wall. Are you kidding? Whenever I ask him what he wants to play that day he always answers with 'when's daddy coming home? I want to play guitar'. I wish I was anywhere near an idol to him as you are, Luke. And me? I swore my love to you in my vows, I promised to want you for forever. And I do, I always will, you fucking idiotic asshole.' She said looking him in the eyes, seeing little twinkle in the corners as he blinked and looked down, not wanting her to see him cry.