1

I yawned as I slowly woke up, rolling over onto my side and sighing. Glancing at my clock, I saw that it was only ten in the morning. Another boring Saturday here in boring North Carolina..

"Hannah, come down here!" I heard dad yell.

I frowned and tossed my navy blue comforter off of my body before I rolled out of bed. As I walked out of my room, I pulled my messy blonde hair up into a bun. I made my way down the stairs then turned into the kitchen, jumping when my parents jumped out at me, the birthday song being sung loudly. I laughed and shook my head, sitting down at the table.

"-dear Hannah! Happy birthday to you!" they finished, pulling me into a hug.

I hugged them back the best I could, "Thank you, guys. I actually forgot it was my birthday."

"How could you forget about your big sixteen?" mom asked, pulling on my bun gently, "You know what you get today."

"Yeah." I smiled.

The bracelet was the only thing I could think about the past three years since they told me about it. I'm honestly pretty nervous to get it. I mean, what if a girl was my soulmate? Not that there's anything wrong with that, just.. I prefer guys. What if he's way younger or older than me? I talked to my parents about it, but they just said fate isn't to be questioned, just to go with it.

"When do I get it?" I asked, looking between them both.

Dad smiled and held up a small white package with my name written on it in bold letters, "Now, there's a couple of things we didn't tell you about it."

"There will only be two charms to start with." mom continued, "The first one will be the gender. The other will be the first letter of their first name in the color of their eyes."

I nodded, "Is that it?"

"Also," dad stated as he handed over the package, "You won't get charms frequently. They'll come in months or even years at a time."

I frowned, "That's too long, though."

"It's just how it works, dear." mom smiled slightly, "Go on, open it!"

I nodded and tore the top of the package off, turning it over so the bracelet landed in my hand. I threw the empty package on the table and studied the bracelet in my hand. It was a rose gold color with two charms already hanging on it - just like my parents said. I bit my bottom lip and looked at the gender, relief washing through me when I saw the male symbol. I then turned my attention on the next charm, seeing the letter 'P' hanging in a brown color.

"So, a guy with brown eyes whose name begins with a 'P'." I smiled slightly.

----

I do not take credit for the charm bracelet idea or those two charm ideas - they came from someone with much more creativity than me xD the other charms will be my own, though! Just incase you wanted to know :)