Chapter 2

Not Edited

After what seemed like eternity, lunch finally ended. Our conversations never restarted and even though Will had gone the impact of his presence hadn't as everyone was deadly silent. Eventually, I couldn't stand it any longer.

"All right, see you guys later," I said as I packed up my lunch tray and stood up.

Everyone looked up at me like they had been struck dumb, except Zoe who was eating pizza and staring into blank space. Once again Adriana was the one to break the silence.

"Where are you going?" she asked. "You've barely touched your pizza."

"I am going to go see what Coach wants," I replied. "Probably just about a swim meet or training sessions."

"We're still on for 3 o'clock at your house right?"

It was Zoe, the last person I had expected to resume talking yet here she was as if nothing had ever happened. For a second I didn't know  what to say so with a quick 'sure' I walked away and headed for Coach's office. It wasn't far and in a minute or two I was there. The door was closed so I knocked thrice.

"Come In."

I opened the door and stepped into the immaculately kept office. The first thing I saw was Coach, which was totally normal considering I was in his office. The second thing was Gennive Hiyd and that was most definitely not normal. Gennive was a nice person and I had spoken to her a few times but she wasn't on the swim team or any sports team for that matter.

"Gennive here is the newest addition to the swim team."

You see, sometimes I think Coach can read minds or he just has a amazing intuition but either way, I was thankful he carried on to explain why I was here.

"She is up to standard but I think that she needs someone to show her the ropes and I think you would be perfect for that. Would you be willing to take that on?"

I peered over at Gennive, who was also looking back at me, her eyes shone with hope. I really dind't want to do this but those eyes were staring back at me and making me feel super guilty for even thinking about refusing.

"Would be happy to," I replied with what I hoped looked like a friendly smile.

After a few minutes of filling in Gennive on the training schedule and upcoming meets I decided that I like her. She was pretty easy to get along with and seemed like a promising protege. Once we were done with the basic info, we agreed to meet up sometime later so we could train together.

Once again Mission Accomplished. I should be a superhero or something.

But I had another mission I was yet accomplish and it was called school

It dragged on for the rest of the day but there was no escaping the one subject I truly dreaded with all my heart. The one subject that I was barely passing and it was the unspeakable horrific, tenebrous world of ... Calculus.

My best friend may be a mini Einstein when it came to math but sadly, I wasn't gifted with the same ease. I did okay because I was a diligent student and in order for me to fail I must have been putting in absolutely no effort whatsoever. However, I had; chipping in with extra credit work whenever I could and even being tutored privately early on but that didn't change the fact that it was still a tasking subject. Okay, so maybe calculus wasn't what haunted your worst nightmares but for me it was like a chore. Something you have to even when you really don't want to.

Which is why ending the day with it wasn't the most pleasant thing to do in the world. But as I sat myself down and got my books out I resigned myself to my fate. Calculus was inevitable and I was determined to pass it no matter what.

Our teacher, Ms. Kaliger entered the room and class began. Ms. Kaliger was a young teacher, still so vibrant and excited about what she was teaching that she managed to infuse so much of that enthusiasm into the students. Everyone was trying their best and no one wanted to disappoint her. Out of the corner of my eye, I spied Will with his eyes narrowed in concentration as he ferociously took down notes. He was so concentrated and so into it that I couldn't help but find a kind of beauty in the way he immersed himself in it. He seemed to soak up every word she said.

Sighing, I refocused my eyes back on Ms. Kaliger and tried to learn at least something from the lesson. After what felt like forever class ended. I could have left but Ms. Kaliger, being the kind person she is, usually stays behind after class for an hour to allow people to look at the questions and ask for extra help if they need it. As a result, I usually stay behind after every calculus class to make sure I can do the homework.

Most of the people that stay behind are regulars but most don't stay much longer han 15 or 20 minutes to get help on a particular question or two. So you can imagine my surprise when 45 minutes later Ms. Kaliger and I were not the only people left in the room. Will was there  too. As to why he was there, I couldn't decipher, after all, I had never seen him here before and I was here like almost every day. However, why he was here was none of my business and I had no intention of asking why or of asking him anything  in fact.

Painstakingly, I got my work done and with a quick goodbye and thanks to Ms. Kaliger I packed up my things and left. Zoe's mathletes tryouts had been after school and Sam had student counsel but by know they should both be done. In an hour Zoe and I were set to meet up at my house so I set off home so I could have a quick nap before she came over. My house isn't really far so I usually walk to and from school. I considered it a little workout that I did everyday, something small and quick.

Once I got home, I let myself in and quickly made my way upstairs to my room. Honestly, my bed had never looked so enticing. I was too tired to think so I just put my bag down and flopped on the bed. I was super tired and lying down felt like heaven so before my mind could begin to protest I fell asleep.

Second chapter complete! I am so happy I finally finished this chapter! Okay so this was a pretty boring chapter I admit. More of a filler but things really do spice up in the next one. Get ready for some drama. Can't wait to hear from you all and don't forget to Comment and Vote.

xoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxox

Autumnrockchic