Chapter 8

"So what's on your mind?" he asked.

We had been walking for like 15 minutes and I still had no idea where we were headed, plus my feet were hurting. Call me lazy or impatient, of which I was probably both, but I just hated walking with no direction or purpose and  right now I had no clue where he was taking me. And now he was trying to get me to spill my thoughts out to him.

"Where are we going?" I asked back, obviously ignoring his question.

"What's bothering you?"

"Where are we going?"

This lasted for a bit before he finally agreed to compromise.

"Okay, if you tell me what's on your mind," he shook his head in a beaten sigh. "Then I'll tell you where we're going."

I took a minute to consider his offer.

"Nothing," I tried.

He shot me back a look.

"Okay, everything. Listen, I  really don't need to burden you with a list of things that are wrong in my life. One of them being that it's getting dark and I'm out here alone with a teenage boy and have no idea where he's taking me. I mean you could be an axe-murderer or something."

Good one, Tiffany, because calling people axe-murderers is exactly how you get them to tell you their biggest secrets.

Will lifts an eyebrow.

"Axe-murderer? Tif, is that the best you could do?"

"Maybe, do you want to find out?"

"No," he replies, "Not really."

"Then zip it, Dimitriou, and tell me where we're going before I become the axe-murderer."

Okay, so maybe that was just a tad aggressive but can you really blame me? Hating him was all I had ever known since his breakup with Zoe. I didn't know why  but I would soon enough.

"We're almost there," he says, exciting is making him walk faster and I struggle a little just to keep up.

We keep walking, this is a part of town I've never seen before. From what I can tell I think we're are much more uphill than from the park but there are loads more buildings around. A little bit further I can see a large lone building that looks pretty much abandoned. It seems have been a warehouse once but now it's just empty and dark.

Will points a finger at the building.

"That's where we're going."

"You must be crazy," I say stopping right in my tracks. "You took me all this way for that?"

He shook his head. "Tiffany, look again,"

And then I see it. There's a ladder leading up the roof. We're not going inside, we are going on top of the building.

"Oh,"

Unexpectedly, he grabs my hand so I have no choice other than to follow Will as he drags me to the building and to the foot of the ladder.

"Is this thing safe?" I ask, after all, this place is pretty old.

"Well, I guess we'll find out,"

I send him a powerful glare

"Woah," he says, his raises his hands up in surrender. "It is perfectly fine. I have used it many times."

Unconvinced I ask, " And why should I believe you?"

"Do you trust me?"

The question knocks me off.

"What? No! Do you think you're some sort of Alladin."

He simply smiles disbelievingly, "This is a pretty far way to go for someone you don't trust."

"Well, I am kind of starting to regret it," I grumble to myself.

"Then, don't," and he begins to climb up.

Leaving me with no other choice but to follow him.

Hallo. This a snippet of Chapter 8 or a really short chapter if you will (Will- get it?) but I am really sorry for not posting in such a long time. I have a lot of tests this term and even an early IGCSE so things have been pretty crazy. Also, I suck at physics so I would love it if any of you physics lovers out there would be willing to answer my questions. Anyway, hope you like this chapter. I tried to loads more dialogue in this one and loads more interaction between Tif and Will. I think that they are both super interesting characters and can't wait to see if Tif's plan will work. Okay be for now and don't forget to vomment or cote. Don't be a silent reader, I love to read your comments.

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxxoxoxo

AutumnRockchic