Chapter 5

Zooey's POV

"I can't believe that girl still has the guts to look at you like that after what she did."

Jennifer's voice interrupted my thoughts, bringing me back to reality. I had drifted away again.

"Which girl?" I asked, trying to act like I didn't know because that would mean I had noticed her, that I still cared.

"Tiffany," Jennifer clarified. "She's been staring at you for the past three minutes, like you just stole her puppy."

"Yeah, after all she started the fight, she doesn't deserve to be your best friend if she can't respect your privacy," chimed in Kellani, one of Jennifer friends.

I almost rose to defend her when I realized they were just repeating my words; I had told them that, made them believe that Tiffany was a horrible person.

"It's okay, guys," I said with what I hoped looked like a smile and not a grimace. "She doesn't matter anymore."

They all nodded in agreement, content that I had said that. But it wasn't okay and I could feel my eyes misting over; I needed to get out here.

"I'll be right back," I said as I got up and slid out of my chair. "I am just going to go use the bathroom for a while."

With that I grabbed my purse and headed as fast as my feet could carry me to the bathroom. Immediately, I got there I scrambled for a stall and finally let myself collapse to the ground as my tears fall. It hurt so much and the worst part was I knew it was all my fault. I should have lied to Tiffany when she first asked, should have told her something petty like he stole my erase or something. At least we would still be friends. But there was no going back now; what's done has been done and I would just have to learn how to live with that.

"Pull yourself together, Zooey," I whispered to myself. "You've been through much worse."

Tiffany didn't know the truth and she never would no matter how miserable it made us both. If she found out, any hope of normalcy would be lost, Tif would never see me the same way again, not like this was any better. But I had reputation to protect and at least this way no one would ever find out. The only other person that knew was Will Dimitriou and he would never tell a soul, of that I was sure of.

I came out of the stall and quickly touched up my makeup before going back to find Jennifer and the group. I would be okay because even if it was the last thing I did, I would make sure of it.

Tiffany must never know the truth.

Hello, guys! I know this was short even for me but I just wanted to give you all an inside view of what's going on in Zooey's mind. See, she has feelings too! Oh yeah and I know I promised Will action but I just wanted to see what it'd be like to get into another character's mind. Yay or nay? Anyway, thanks so much and don't forget to vote and comment.

xoxoxoxoxox

Autumnrockchic