Chapter 3

When I wake up I feel cold and I realize that Harry's not with me on the cozy couch anymore; I hear hushed arguing and hold my breath.

I sit up slowly and pull the blanket around myself as I stand up. I peek around the small wall that separates the living room from the foyer and see Harry is arguing with a man. Their conversation seems to be getting more and more heated so I decide to interrupt.

"Harry?" my voice is somewhat hoarse from the nap I took and I wince from the scratchiness.

He spins around in surprise. "I- I thought you were still asleep." He stammers out, offering me a nervous smile.

"I was." I rub my eye tiredly, still not fully awake, "I just woke up like a minute ago. I woke up and you weren't there." I bite back a yawn as I talk, giving him the slightest pout.

"Harry, who's this?" the man seems to be genuinely interested which makes it odd that Harry looks so nervous. He looks at me as if he wants me to confirm something.

I reach out my right hand towards this unknown man, still keeping the blanket around myself tightly.

"I'm Felicia." I offer up my first name and Harry stands next to me, he puts his hands on my shoulders in an almost protective manner.

"Felicia," He clears his throat, "Maybe you should go back to sleep, you look tired." I feel the tension rolling off him as he suggests this to me. I glance at him for a second, he seems serious about not wanting me near this man.

"Oh, uh. Okay." I turn to go back to my spot on the couch.

"No please stay, it's not often that I get the chance to meet one of my son's girlfriends." He says, friendliness seeping into his voice slightly, though it still seems distant and cold-ish to me.

"No, it's all right. She's still pretty tired and needs to rest up. She's recovering from being sick." Harry stumbles out an excuse, though it's true I did just get over a horrid cold.

"He's right, I wouldn't want to get you sick." I tug the blanket closer around myself.

He eyes me and I begin to feel uncomfortable under his scrutiny. Thankfully I feel Harry's hand squeeze my shoulder gently in support, though I am glad for the blanket covering me as well. At some point in the middle of my nap I'd decided I was uncomfortable in my dress and had somehow weaseled him out of his shirt so I was only wearing his shirt and my underwear right now. A little embarrassing.

I try to hide my look of embarrassment as I flee to the living room on the other side of the wall. I curl up in my spot on the couch once again and close my eyes, at least to give an illusion of being asleep until I actually do in case they look.

At least it gave me a chance to ponder why Harry didn't want me around his father of all people. I know he wants me removed from his 'celeb' type lifestyle in the way of things like paparazzi. After a while of laying there I finally fell asleep for real, though it wasn't hard when their arguing was almost undistinguishable from the hum of the music.