Sixteen

Jenna's POV

I sat in my hotel room and waited for Tay to come and pick me up,she had told me that she was taking me to do something special but hadn't told me what we were going to be doing.I was excited that I would finally get to do things with her in person and not over a text message or Skype call,I still couldn't believe it was actually happening.I was sat on the bed and getting lost in my own thoughts,I was thinking about what she had planned for us. My thoughts were interrupted by my phone buzzing.

Jenna's Bae 💕: I'm outside 😘🌹

I threw my phone into my bag and went to meet Tay. I was greeted by her warm smile and a hug.She had something behind her back,something big.
"What's behind your back?" I asked her and she smiled
"I thought I'd do the extremely cliché yet still adorable thing where you buy your date flowers" she said and held out a bouquet of white roses
"They're beautiful,Tay" I smiled "So,where are we going?"
"You'll see" she replied and opened the passenger seat of her pickup truck.
I climbed in and placed the flowers on my lap,carefully trying not to crush them.Tay sat down in the drivers seat beside me and started the car.
"If you go into the glove compartment there are a bunch of CD's" she informed me.
I looked in the glove compartment and found Enema of the state,Nirvana's greatest hits,Future Hearts and two Disney soundtracks. I went with the obvious choice,the Disney soundtrack.
I put the disc into the radio and the first song that came on was Be our guest from Beauty And The Beast. This was going to be fun.

********

"Let it go! Let it go" me and Tay sang at the top of our lungs
We had been driving for half an hour and had sang every single song that was on the CD,Tay knew every single word whereas I could've used some help.
"The cold never bothered me anyway" Tay sang quietly and I giggled at her.
She looked so happy and her smile never left her lips,accept from when I admitted that I didn't really like The Lion King.
"We're here!" She squealed and pulled us into a parking spot.

We were in a beautiful wooded area that had nobody else there,it smelt like we were surrounded by thousands of Christmas trees and all that could be heard was the tweeting of birds.
"So,I've brought you out here so that we can have our first date" she said
"Aww,Tay" I smiled
"Follow me" she said and lead me to the back of the truck.
She opened up the back and inside of it were blankets,pillows and fairy lights.It was like a first date location that you only see in books and I couldn't believe that she actually did this.Tay rolled back the top off of the back and sat inside.
"I thought that we could sit and watch the stars" she told me
"It sounds perfect" I replied and sat in the back of the truck.
Tay climbed in beside me and we looked up at the sky.

In that moment,everything felt perfect.I was lying with the girl that I had fallen in love with and was watching the beautiful night sky,it couldn't have gotten any better.At least I thought it couldn't have until Tay went into the front of the car and grabbed containers that had food in them.
"Oh my god,carrot cake!" I squealed and Tay laughed at me.
She handed me some plastic cutlery and we began to eat into the cake.It was probably the best carrot cake that I had ever eaten in my entire life.

After finishing a few slices of cake each we both laid back down and looked up at the stars.We were talking about everything and anything.Tay was telling me some very shitty jokes but I laughed anyways because she looked so adorable when telling them.For a while it was silent.We just stared at the stars and I took occasional glances at Tay.She looked so beautiful.It was dark but her face was illuminated my the fairy lights that were scattered around.She looked so content and peaceful.I turned my attention back to the stars before she noticed that I was admiring at her.
"Look!" Tay said and pointed into the sky "Its a shooting star"
"It's amazing" I replied
"What are you gonna wish for?" She asked
"I'm going to wish that what I'm about to do goes well" I answered
"What are you about to-" I cut her off by pressing my lips against hers.

My heart was beating faster then I'd ever felt it beat before as we moved our lips in sync.My eyes were closed and I felt an indescribable feeling that I'd never felt for anybody before.Kissing her felt like a mixture of fireworks and butterflies,I loved that feeling.

I eventually pulled away and looked at her,I could tell that she was feeling the exact same way as I was.I went to say something but was interrupted buy Tay pulling me in for another kiss.Her soft lips collided with mine once again and it felt even better then the last time.I wrapped my arms around her neck and held her close,still not breaking the kiss.The fireworks hadn't stopped since the first kiss,but then they let like the biggest fireworks that you could buy were exploding in my stomach.

I pulled away from the kiss this time and we both just stared at each other.Neither of us not knowing what to do next.
"So" Tay started "Did you get your wish?"