Nineteen

Tay's POV:

I sat in the living room and waited for Jenna,I checked my phone again to see if I had another message from her,there wasn't one.My mom was sat on the couch that was across from me and we were watching Friends while I waited for Jenna's arrival.It was a Christmas episode,I didn't understand why they showed those episodes in the middle of July and still don't understand it. My thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the front door.I practically leaped out of my seat to answer the door.I opened the door and assumed that Jenna was there so before even looking at who it was I had wrapped my arms around them.

"Um,hi" said the person awkwardly.

I looked up and saw that this was not Jenna,it was Cameron's mom,oops.

"Oh I'm so sorry,Mrs Hurley" I apologised and pulled away from the hug.In that very moment I wanted the ground to swallow me up because I've never felt that awkward in my life,also I called her Mrs Hurley which I've never done before.

"I just came by to see your mother" she informed me.

"She's in the living room" I told her and motioned for her to come in.

She came into the house and I went to close the door but was stopped by somebody calling my name,this time I was pretty sure that it was Jenna.I looked around to see her and she was running towards my house.I was only now realising that she runs very weirdly,kind of like a headless chicken that was flailing its wings,it's actually really funny to watch. 

"Why are you running?" I laughed.

"Because I was going to run into your arms" she informed me and stopped when she reached me

"You ruined the moment" she said.

"That was a moment?" I asked "It was more like a scene from a comedy movie" I joked.

"Shut up" she laughed and wrapped her arms around me.

Jenna gave the best hugs.They were warm and full of love,kind of like her.

"So,shall we go to IHOP?" I asked her and she nodded.

We both got in my car and I immediately plugged my phone into the radio.I hadn't listened to the latest episode of Full Frontal yet so I played that.Jenna said every word of the intro and I laughed at her,she's such an adorable dork.

   *************************
"So I opened the door and because I thought it was you I hugged the person that was there" I continued telling her my embarrassing story "It obviously wasn't you"

"Who did you hug?" She asked.

"One of my best friend's mom" I said and she started to laugh very loudly.

"Oh my god,that must have been so awkward" she laughed.

"It was the most awkward experience of my life" I replied.

I turned the car into the IHOP car park and parked the car as close to IHOP as possible.I grabbed my phone and we both exited the car.Jenna took my hand in hers and we both walked inside.We waited to be seated and chatted about what we were going to order.We didn't wait for too long before we were seated.A waitress came over to us and we both ordered the same pancakes,blueberry.We sat and talked about music while we waited for our food.
"Have you listened to the new Bring Me The Horizon song yet?" Jenna asked me excitedly.

"Nope" I replied.

"Oh my god I have to show it to you later" she told me.

"I'm not a huge Bring Me The Horizon fan" I said "I've only really listened to the songs Shadow Moses and Drown"

"Really?" She asked and I nodded "Well,I'm going to show them to you and your going to love them"

"Maybe" I replied.

Our pancakes were brought over to us and Jenna looked like a child on Christmas,I'd never seen somebody so excited over pancakes.She took out her phone and held it above the pancakes.

"What are you doing?" I asked her curiously and put a piece of pancake in my mouth.

"I'm sending a photo of these to my friend Jess,she moved to Sydney a few years ago and misses IHOP so I'm going to rub this in her face" she told me.

"Harsh" I chuckled.

"She's my best friend,I'm allowed to do this" she replied and laughed.

We both ate our pancakes quietly,they weren't the best pancakes I'd ever eaten but Jenna thought they were pretty good.

"I can't eat anymore" Jenna said and leaned back in her chair.

"Yes you can,I believe in you Jenna" I encouraged her.

"No I can't" she whined.

"If you finish the pancakes then we can take a shit ton of cute selfies later"  I persuaded her.

"Fine" she gave in.

      ********************
"One more piece Jenna!" I encouraged her.

"I can't do it!" She said.

"Yes you can!" I replied as she bit into the last piece of the pancake and I clapped for her.

"Yay!" I cheered.

"Can we go now? I don't want to eat another pancake ever again" she said and I smiled.

We got up ad exited the IHOP.We got back into my car and I let Jenna pick a CD.She chose the Collide With The Sky album,one of my all time favourites.We sang the first song so loudly that I was pretty sure the people in the other car could hear us but we didn't care.Jenna was playing an air guitar and I was laughing at her.I was half tempted to stop the car so that I could join her.

She stopped singing and turned down the music so that she could answer a phone call from her mum.

"Hi,mum" she greeted her mum and I could quietly hear her mum talking.

"Oh,okay" she said "Can Tay come?" She asked and her mum responded something that I couldn't hear.

"Bye" she said and ended the phone call.

"My mum asked if we could meet her in the hotel,she has something to tell me" she told me.

"Okay" I replied and drove in the direction of the hotel.

A/N
Wow this chapter was long (1039 words,wow) and after this there will be something big happening,something that I don't think any of you are expecting.Im about to start writing the next chapter so it'll either go up tonight or tomorrow : )
I'm really excited.