TPA- 02

02

Matt decided that he did not want to be standing outside his penthouse nude, so he went up with me and changed his gray pinstriped suit to a charcoal colored one with a black tie. He was already done changing and I was in the middle of brushing my teeth to remove the horrid ham smell.

By the time I was done gargling my mouth, Matt was on one of the chairs of his humungous bedroom, his arms crossed over in front of him, his head leaning on it.

I continued to change my clothes as I stripped out of my everyday business attire and to the mint green colored bandage dress that was on the hanger. It landed just in mid thigh.

After putting on my make up, heels and other accessories, I turned to Matt who still had his head over his arms.

I cocked my head to the side. Was he really that tired?

I approached his well built back that was covered in his suit. I placed my hand over his shoulder and bent down a bit so that we were in eye level. I slipped my free hand in between his face and arm to touch his cheeks.

Matt stirred a bit and looked up, “We are going already?”

I cupped my hands around his face. “Are you alright? Do you feel sick or something?”

He yawned, his eyes groggy and tired. “Yeah I am fine. Just a headache, nothing big.”

I pursed my lips into a thin line and scowled. “I’ll go get some pain relievers.”

Before I left him, he grabbed one of my thighs, pulling me to a halt.

“Wear something else.” I heard him mutter. “Don’t wear that ridiculously short dress.”

“Matt, let me get you something for that-”

“Change your dress Devonne.” He snapped, eyes still closed.

I sighed in frustration. “Let me get you something first-”

“I said change Devonne.” Matt growled at me. “Change your dress.”

“I change, you get something for that headache of yours.” I made a pact with him. “Okay?”

“Just change the damn dress Devonne.” Matt glowers at me, his tone filled with ice.

Giving up, I sighed and removed the dress from my body and walked towards the closet. Finding a floor length dress, I removed it fro the hangers and put it on. Damn, if this is how I am going to dress more often, I should just live in a convent.

After pulling on the sleeveless cream colored dress with a draping neckline, I changed my shoes from green to silver colored to avoid any fashion scandals that would appear in any magazine by the next morning,

“Matt, did take you anything yet?” I called from the closet.

I heard a grumble in reply. I huffed out air and marched towards Matt who was still sitting on the chair, his head still on top of his arms.

“Matthew Harlem, if you do not take anything for that headache, then we can just not go to that party.” I crossed my arms. “Stay here and get some rest. You are overworking yourself!”

He raised his head up to look at me, his icy blue eyes still sleepy. “No, the Harlem Group is hosting it this year. I can’t miss it.”

“Take something or we are not going.”

He groaned and stood up. I sighed in frustration as I sat on the bed.

Really this guy; he just doesn’t do what he’s told right away doesn’t he? He might be 27 and he might be the CEO of his own company but damn is he stubborn. He can run his own business but can’t take his medicine right away.