TPA- 13

13

I have done a lot of stupid things in my entire life. Some of which I am very proud of, some let’s say reach to the level of never to be spoken of ever again.  Like feeding a fish with mothballs, the poor thing died and well, no one else knew about that.

Right now, I feel like the stupidest person ever. Who in the entire world goes to their brother’s house and says she’s alive when the entire world believed she dies five years ago? Well, that’s me.

And as of this moment, Aaron, my mom, my stupid brain, my big mouth and I are currently in the local police station trying to explain what on earth was going on. The officer looked at me like I escaped a mental institution.

“Look lady,” the officer said to me. “Unless you want to have a sleepover here, stop bothering them. Kate Ellison died five years ago.”

I opened my mouth to defend myself when he cut me off.

“One more word little lady and you are going to stay here.”

“But I am Kate Ellison!”

The officer sighed and scratched his nape. “That’s it lady.”

He grabbed a pair of handcuffs from his belt  and cuffed my wrists.

“Hey-”

“This is BS.” The officer muttered. “And in the middle of the night. People these days know how to annoy me.”

“Wait, don’t I get to talk with Aaron?”

“Who?”

“Mr. White.” I told him, wanting to roll my eyes.

The officer grunted. “No.”

“But-”

“Lady I said no.”

It was my turn to grunt. Looks like someone’s pissed off- that’s me, the officer is just moody kind of like Matt for the past few days.

Matt.

I took his ring from my purse and traced it with my fingers. He was going to propose. I was going to get married if this little mishap didn’t happen.

I miss him. The old Matt, when everything was perfect.

I miss my old danger attracting self where Aaron, Nate, and Luke were present.

“Hey lady,” the officer came back with a few sheets of paper in his hold. “I need you to fill these up.”

So I filled up the paper. It asked for my complete name, age, birthday, address, contact number, civil status, and a person to call for anything else to happen. I used my old identity and with not wanting Matt or Nate to be the person they call for emergency, I instead just wrote Luke’s name.

I could bail myself out, but I won’t. Maybe a night in the station is just what I need. Matt and Nate would probably be looking for me and have their people check out hotels or police stations but I won’t think they’ll reach this far.

“Can you remove my cuffs please?” I asked the officer. He was already annoyed so why not ask? “It hurts. And I won’t run, don’t worry. I’m actually willing to stay here.”

“Oh what the hell.” The officer stood up and unlocked the cuffs, releasing me from its painful grasp. “Your case is just crap anyway.”

I grinned at him. “Thanks.”

The ring was still on my palms. I didn’t let go of it.

When everything that happened today finally sank in my head, I felt scared. I didn’t want to let go of neither Nate nor Matt, yet after everything that has been revealed today is actually breaking me apart.