TPA- 10

10

It was already Thursday and the reporter guy have not visited me since or tried to reach me, which was good. By far, Wednesday was the best day of the week. I didn’t see or hear anything affirming that Matt was with another woman, or that he was lying.

Today was not so great. Matt met up with Barch which tells me, something is still up with me that they were talking about from before. I, again overheard them talking.  They were talking about me, or so I think. Matt was worried about losing me but his actions do not show. Barch knew the women he was with. Another point where I think something is still not right.

I did not know what to do or feel anymore. Matt lied to me and hopefully did not cheat on me with the other women. I guess if he did not like me anymore he was hesitant to tell me. I mean, I lived with him and maybe if we broke up, I would leave. Would he not like that?

We were currently in the apartment; I was changing into some comfortable clothes and Matt was packing some of his clothes into a small luggage for his trip to Chicago tomorrow morning.

“Can I go to the airport with you tomorrow?” I asked as I neared him. “Just to say bye.”

He stopped what he was doing which was folding his dress shirt, and looked at me. “Why can’t you? Of course you can. You’re my girlfriend.”

Am I still? I forced a smile. “Yeah. That was stupid for me to ask.”

Matt neared me and planted a kiss on my cheek. “Nothing is stupid with you Dev. I love you.”

Does he really? “I…”

“You don’t need to respond to that.” Matt sighed. “No rush.”

I fiddled with my thumb. “Matt can I ask you something that you can answer me honestly?”

“Honestly?” Matt asked, taken aback. “Am I not honest?”

I sighed and scratched my nape. “Recently? No, not really.”

“You know.”

“No shit there.” I snapped.

Matt surrounded me in a hug and tangled my hand within his, his fingers slipping in between mine. “I’m sorry, really sorry. I should have been honest with you all the way.”

“Why have you been lying?” I asked as tears slowly streaked down my cheeks. “What have I been doing wrong?”

“You’ve been doing nothing wrong baby girl.” He said to me.

“Then please tell me, why have you been lying?”

He gave me another kiss on my cheek. “I want to protect you.”

“From what? What are you protecting me from?”