Woman of her dreams - I

A/N : For a better understanding, I suggest please watch the video. I find it inspirational.

I spent nights pondering over the title fidgeting with my mind and pen to represent realistic ideologies about the 'Woman of her dreams'. Browsing through streams of related articles, interviews and blogs, I came across a 2:35 minute video on You Tube starring a famous Bollywood actress Deepika Padukone. The video "My Choice' created a stir of controversy all over media and in the country. Scrolling down, there were precariously shocking comments by my fellow country men. Some were biased, some preconceived, some appreciative and some sensible. Curious questions, thoughts and debates bubbled and boiled like a cauldron ablaze. The initiative which was entitled for women empowerment was tagged as 'time to class feminism as a terrorist groups', 'promoting adultery', 'lopsided feminism' and more utterly cheap and degrading comments. Bloody hypocrisy!

Repulsed, I questioned few of my few friends and family members as to what the 'Woman of her dreams' is (or should be) according to them? Some of you'll be suprised reading the answers or might even end up laughing.

1. Woman of her dreams maybe an ideal woman you want to meet or become like.

2. Dreams are dreams, they never come true (Basically meaning that a woman shouldn't dream)

3. Woman and her dreams doesn't sound good together. Their dreams are crushed by reality.

4. Are you sure it's the woman of her dreams? It should be 'Woman of his dreams'.

How ironic!

Some of the best were answered by males. Many specifically signified that the 'Woman of her dreams' is a woman who follows her dream, strives to achieve them and attains success. Couldn't agree more!

Times have changed and so is the women of modern India. From daring to break the mould and choosing unconventional career paths, battling social pressures to get married and having children early to rigid workplace structure. From engineers, doctors, teachers, police to dancer, bus/taxi driver, pilot, bartender, boxer, stand-up comedian, detective, disco jockey, artist, the list continues. We're everywhere and that's definitely grounds for cheers! Having said that we are certainly breaking every record, every conflicting norm, emerging out as competitive to the male counterparts of our society.

...continued as Part II